Windows 7 and 8.1 with Skylake support

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Microsoft has published a list of more than 100 Skylake systems that will offer Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 support -- until July 17, 2017, that is. In spite of Microsoft's eagerness to push consumers and businesses to Windows 10, there are still dozens of systems from Dell, HP, Lenovo, and NEC that can be configured with the older operating systems.

Full article can be found in the source.

In any case, I disagree with one part of the article:
subject: With Windows 7 in its death throes, Microsoft reveals the Skylake systems that retain

Windows 8.1 is old, Windows 7 is all but decrepit(...)

A personal opinion nontheless but rather inaccurate.

Let the discussion begin...

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Microsoft wants to force you to upgrade to Windows 10 as will as possible, this is not well I am not going to update that they want and if me I buy an AMD and just. HP.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
MS may force us but the truth is "user preference" is still king. Nobody can force a change upon the user if "he/she" will not entertain it. He/she may be intimidated or push around-scared but in the end if he/she doesn't like it then it's the end of story.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.