Troubleshoot Windows 7: Deleted My Network Adapter oops

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Title says it all, I have a laptop using Windows 7 which I use primarily for gaming and occasionally dabbling with .NET programming (I still need to get used to mono :p).... Anyway some time ago, maybe a month ago I was having trouble with my ethernet connection, wifi worked fine. Long story short by accident or misjudgement (I don't remember which), I deleted my network adapter and haven't been able to fix the issue since (the issue being that I now can't get online using a wired connection).

Was wondering if anybody had any advice that could help fix this? I've tried doing a hardware reset on the router, but the reset button is broken (so unless I take it apart and fix the switch manually, I'm screwed there), I've also tried scanning with the Device Manager, sadly no luck there either.

I'm by no means a networking guru (unless you mean breaking into networks :p), so was wondering if somebody here might know how to help me with this really quite embarrassing problem.. please? :D

Cheers

D

Deleted member 21043

I'm not a networking guru either, but I've helped friends with these kind of problems, and over the years I have messed up with this stuff more times than I've eaten chocolate whilst watching TV (not that I do that often... :oops::p).

Anyway, go onto Google and search the following: Manufacturer + a space + Model + a space + drivers

Search through the sites. When you find the download to the correct driver, download it. Use a USB to transfer to your PC which is messed up. Install, reboot. Should work.

If you give me your manufacturer type and model number I could probably find a site with all the drivers for you :)
*yes you will need a second PC or a friends to download the installer to put on your other PC for the fix.

Reactions: illumination
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.