Solved windows 7 troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
windows said that the registry is broken how do i fix that and no there is no malware running as well besides am good at removing it

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
You can restore your registry files manually to an earlier point by going through the steps outlined below. The process is involved and requires some careful typing.
Ask a computer-savvy friend to assist you if you lack experience in this area.
1. Keep tapping F8 during the early boot phase.
2. Select Safe Mode Command Prompt from the menu.
3. Log on as Administrator if prompted.
4. Select Repair when prompted.
5. Select the Command Prompt.
6. Identify the correct drive letter for your Windows installation. It could be drive E: or F:. You do it by typing the commands
dir C:\Win*
dir D:\Win*
dir E:\Win*
until you find the Windows folder.
I will call that drive "Q:".
7. Type these commands:
cd /d Q:\windows\System32\config
xcopy *.* Q:\RegBack\
cd RegBack
dir
8. Examine the dates of the Software, System and SAM files. Were the files created before or after your problem became apparent?
9. If they were made before the problem became apparent then you can type these commands:
copy /y software ..
copy /y System ..
copy /y Sam ..
(the two dots are part of each command)
10. Reboot normally. If things do not work out then you can backtrack by copying the original registry files from Q:\Regback to Q:\Windows\System32\config.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/f77d5355-b8be-41d6-af24-cae994e1768f?page=1

good luck

:)

James

Upvote 0

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
You can restore your registry files manually to an earlier point by going through the steps outlined below. The process is involved and requires some careful typing.
Ask a computer-savvy friend to assist you if you lack experience in this area.
1. Keep tapping F8 during the early boot phase.
2. Select Safe Mode Command Prompt from the menu.
3. Log on as Administrator if prompted.
4. Select Repair when prompted.
5. Select the Command Prompt.
6. Identify the correct drive letter for your Windows installation. It could be drive E: or F:. You do it by typing the commands
dir C:\Win*
dir D:\Win*
dir E:\Win*
until you find the Windows folder.
I will call that drive "Q:".
7. Type these commands:
cd /d Q:\windows\System32\config
xcopy *.* Q:\RegBack\
cd RegBack
dir
8. Examine the dates of the Software, System and SAM files. Were the files created before or after your problem became apparent?
9. If they were made before the problem became apparent then you can type these commands:
copy /y software ..
copy /y System ..
copy /y Sam ..
(the two dots are part of each command)
10. Reboot normally. If things do not work out then you can backtrack by copying the original registry files from Q:\Regback to Q:\Windows\System32\config.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/f77d5355-b8be-41d6-af24-cae994e1768f?page=1

good luck

:)

James
very good tuot
for me i cant remember the commands, simple way to do it is live cd i am using HBCD
navigate to c\windows\System32\config\regback
copy sam security config software and past it to c\windows\System32\config
overwrite the old files

reboot

cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
is there a program i can use to fix this other then using the windows install disk

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.