Advice Request Windows 8.1 Build 9477 x64 Leaked

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
From Softpedia

Windows 8.1 build 9477 is now available for download, thus giving users the chance to try out the latest improvements made to the operating system before they are implemented into the RTM version.

According to some early reports, the ISO is currently available in Chinese exclusively, but with some tricks, one can easily make it work in English as well.

Of course, users aren’t recommended to install this build on production machines, as the OS update is likely to be unstable and come with some bugs.

There’s no information on the changes Microsoft made to this particular build, but it’s just another sign that we’re getting closer to the official launch moment of the RTM build. Word is that RTM is prepared for the last week of August, ahead of the public unveiling on October 18.

The company has already revealed that Windows 8.1 is set to reach the RTM development phase this month, but no other specifics have been provided since then.

According to some unconfirmed reports, on the other hand, work on Windows 8.1 RTM is set to be finalized on August 23, so OEMs are very likely to get their hands on it sometime next week.

Word is that Microsoft is planning to continue improving Windows 8.1 even after it reaches RTM, as the company wants to make sure that no bugs or glitches will exist in the OS update.

Leaked-Screenshot-Shows-the-Desktop-of-Windows-8-1-Build-9477.png

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
jim lin said:
hello

i tryed this Windows 8.1 the other day on Virtualbox
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

installed Windows 8.1 (aka.Blue) in Virtualbox and the installer would freeze and hang but i got it installed

it forced me in to set up a email acc. with outlook and then asked for another email addy to send a code to and
would not let me pass that unless i used the code then it finshed the install

and the start button just go's in loop lol you click it then it go's to the tiles screen with a arrow pointing
down you click that it go's to your apps screen then you click the button again it go's back to the desktop lmao
i could not stand it so i deleted it

i think i like my new Win 8 pc the way it is (Hp p7-1439) i'm used to it and do not mind how it is now

i'm going to wait and see how others do with Win 8.1 first

thanks

James

:)

that what you have been installed was Windows 8.1 Preview and I think that it has a bug in installing on virtual machines because some cd/dvd recognition problem, which should be fixed in 8.1 RTM.
I didn't connected any Microsoft account with my Windows 8, but using a local account.
Didn't needed to enter any outlook/hotmail.

I personally think that returning of the "start button" is improvement from previous version and there are lot of improvements in navigating and customizing the start screen.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64 Finally Leaked Online

no ISO's yet

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-81-pro-rtm-x64-has-leaked

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello BoraMurdar

i understand about your Windows 8 and local account but if a noob installs the Win 8.1 preview thats
how it installs at least for me thats how it went

i think the return of the start button is also good if it is a start button thats not what i seen in the
preview

so your saying the Win 8.1 RTM start button will work different than the Win 8.1 preview one ?

Lenovo do not think so

Lenovo partners with Pokki
http://betanews.com/2013/08/22/lenovo-partners-with-pokki-microsoft-should-be-worried/

i'm just trying to understand this start button thing because if it's like the Win 8.1 preview in the Win 8.1 RTM
i think it's worse but thats just me and i'll wait and see what others think before i upgrade to Win 8.1

thanks

James

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
jim lin said:
hello BoraMurdar

i understand about your Windows 8 and local account but if a noob installs the Win 8.1 preview thats
how it installs at least for me thats how it went

i think the return of the start button is also good if it is a start button thats not what i seen in the
preview

so your saying the Win 8.1 RTM start button will work different than the Win 8.1 preview one ?

Lenovo do not think so

Lenovo partners with Pokki
http://betanews.com/2013/08/22/lenovo-partners-with-pokki-microsoft-should-be-worried/

i'm just trying to understand this start button thing because if it's like the Win 8.1 preview in the Win 8.1 RTM
i think it's worse but thats just me and i'll wait and see what others think before i upgrade to Win 8.1

thanks

James

Hello to you too :)
No, I am saying that installing error on virtual machines will vanish with Windows 8.1 RTM, don't know anything about changing the start button , except some small differences ...
With the right click on start button you can access many useful tools, and turning off the PC is much easier :D

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
ok i see

so it's like right clicking in the left bottom corner when the little picture of the tiles screen shows leads you
to the options list there ? but it's there now

programs and features
power options
event viewer
system
device manager
disk management
computer management
command prompt
command prompt (Admin)
task manager
control panel
file explorer
search
run
desktop

i guess i will have to wait till thay relese it and then try in Virtualbox again

thanks

James

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
jim lin said:
i guess i will have to wait till thay relese it and then try in Virtualbox again

thanks

James

I know :) but it's easier to point and menu is little different

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What additional navigation links does Windows 8.1 include?

Here's a screenshot of Windows 8.0
wnZZGPC.png

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
well that sucks i wanted to try it again lol

i guess we have to wait unless it get's leaked again

Aug 27

Windows 8.1 officially finished; nobody to get it until launch day
MSDN, TechNet, and volume license customers will all have to wait.

Microsoft confirmed this morning that Windows 8.1 has been released to manufacturing ahead
of its October 18 retail launch.

Microsoft also confirmed rumors that the new operating system would not be made available
early to any customers. Traditionally, the company has made its new operating systems available
to MSDN and TechNet subscribers, as well as volume license customers.

This allowed developers to test and update their applications ahead of release day to ensure that
there were no day one upsets and similarly allowed IT departments to try out the new software.

For reasons that aren't at all apparent, Microsoft has decided that both of these groups can wait.
Just as is the case for people upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1, the software will become downloadable
globally as soon as it's October 18 in New Zealand; this will be 4am PT on October 17.

With a raft of new APIs and new capabilities for Metro-style Windows Store apps, the usual early access
would seem important. The strong implication is that come launch day in October, there won't be any software
that actually takes advantage of Windows 8.1's new software capabilities, because developers won't have had
a chance to develop or test it.

source
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/08/windows-8-1-officially-finished-nobody-to-get-it-until-launch-day/

thanks

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.