Advice Request Windows 8.1 Build 9477 x64 Leaked

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
From Softpedia

Windows 8.1 build 9477 is now available for download, thus giving users the chance to try out the latest improvements made to the operating system before they are implemented into the RTM version.

According to some early reports, the ISO is currently available in Chinese exclusively, but with some tricks, one can easily make it work in English as well.

Of course, users aren’t recommended to install this build on production machines, as the OS update is likely to be unstable and come with some bugs.

There’s no information on the changes Microsoft made to this particular build, but it’s just another sign that we’re getting closer to the official launch moment of the RTM build. Word is that RTM is prepared for the last week of August, ahead of the public unveiling on October 18.

The company has already revealed that Windows 8.1 is set to reach the RTM development phase this month, but no other specifics have been provided since then.

According to some unconfirmed reports, on the other hand, work on Windows 8.1 RTM is set to be finalized on August 23, so OEMs are very likely to get their hands on it sometime next week.

Word is that Microsoft is planning to continue improving Windows 8.1 even after it reaches RTM, as the company wants to make sure that no bugs or glitches will exist in the OS update.

Leaked-Screenshot-Shows-the-Desktop-of-Windows-8-1-Build-9477.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'd wait for the RTM, there won't be many changes from this to the final.

When I had Windows 7 SP1, I got rid of the Start Menu button, hate to see it back. :-/

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I'm waiting for RTM it should be leaked soon, then I'm going to triple boot my mac. Thanks for the share.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
RTM will be available tomorrow I think

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for the info BoraMurdar :) I've been checking over at mydigitallife forums but haven't seen anything.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Windows RTM always leaks somewhere few days before Microsoft release it to OEM's

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm hoping for a slipstreamed versions for pre-existing Windows 8 users, but I doubt it ever happening. :S

Will upgrading to Windows 8.1 be like installing a new OS?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Will upgrading to Windows 8.1 be like installing a new OS? Also, will I
have to reinstall my Anti-virus and other security software? For example,
Hitman Pro ect???

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Preview was available trough Windows Store or downloading an ISO file from Microsoft.
In both cases you need to reinstall all the programs you had

Microsoft said that if you are upgrading (which will be free) from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Final from the update trough Windows Store it will keep all your settings, apps and personal files untouched.
But I strongly recommend that backup all your files before doing anything, or just install Windows 8.1 RTM (Final) from the ISO file and reinstall all apps you had to avoid errors on installing or communication problems in downloading such a large update from Microsoft.
It could just arrive as a service pack file, but NO, why keeping things simple when you can do it in more complicated way...
:D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
The full build string of Windows 8.1 RTM is 6.3.9600.16384. winblue_rtm. 130822-2140, according to unconfirmed reports.

Source Softpedia

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
BoraMurdar said:
The full build string of Windows 8.1 RTM is 6.3.9600.16384. winblue_rtm. 130822-2140, according to unconfirmed reports.

Source Softpedia

RTM Soon

6.3.9600.16384.winblue_rtm.130822-2140_x64fre_en-us_dv5.ISO
Size: 3.49 GB (3,753,558,180 bytes)
CRC32: 945D5F3F
MD5: 31651DA46318A1234A1F454E1518A2FD
SHA-1: 793045031255FF6D8076E029292FBC933792D21

hope dl come today :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Microsoft hasn’t yet confirmed that it completed development of Windows 8.1 RTM, but sources close to the matter revealed that the company had already started shipping the OS update to OEMs around the world.

While a public announcement on RTM is expected this week, the company is said to try a different strategy with Windows 8.1, as it plans to prevent any leaks from reaching the web before the official launch date.

As you know, Windows 8.1 is set to arrive to the market in just a couple of months, with the public release to take place on October 18. Windows 8 adopters will be allowed to download it freely from the Store a day earlier.

According to information posted online by people familiar with the development process, Microsoft is now keeping an eye on everything related to Windows 8.1, as it wants to block any potential ISO from reaching the web without its consent.

While the company has always moved pretty quickly to take down leaked ISOs published on file sharing websites such as Mega, the tech giant is now struggling to keep the operating system available only internally, as a number of employees have already received the stable builds.

Leaked versions of Windows usually reached the web soon after RTM, most often because the company provided MSDN and TechNet subscribers with downloadable ISOs that could be easily cloned and published on torrent trackers and file sharing services.

Microsoft, on the other hand, is planning to restrict access to 8.1 RTM ISOs until at least early October for paying subscribers too, even though such a decision is very likely to cause a new avalanche of criticism.

The reasons behind this whole secrecy are yet to be disclosed, but Microsoft is believed to be trying to continue work on Windows 8.1 even after RTM, in an attempt to provide users with a bug-free operating system.

Source Softpedia

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Windows 8.1 RTM Screenshots Leak including new Start screen backgrounds, and default lock screen and desktop wallpaper images.
[attachment=5441][attachment=5442][attachment=5443][attachment=5444][attachment=5445]

Source

Attachments

• win81-rtm-lock.jpg
    win81-rtm-lock.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 490
  • win81-rtm-start.jpg
    win81-rtm-start.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 595
  • win81-rtm-desktop2.jpg
    win81-rtm-desktop2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 687
  • win81-rtm-desktop.jpg
    win81-rtm-desktop.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 581
  • win81-rtm-wallpapers.jpg
    win81-rtm-wallpapers.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 847

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
ndne9z.jpg

translation of the above quote:

WIN 8/1 RTM LEAK 01/09/2013

it can happen at any time ...
it depends on when the distribution will be available to all employees within the company Microsoft, and it is available!

Source " Need Registration"

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
While our partners are preparing these exciting new devices we will continue to work closely with them as we put the finishing touches on Windows 8.1 to ensure a quality experience at general availability on October 18th. This is the date when Windows 8.1 will be broadly available for commercial customers with or without volume licensing agreements, our broad partner ecosystem, subscribers to MSDN and TechNet, as well as consumers.

Source" From Windows Blog"

MSDN launch on October 18, but leak coming in a couple of days

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013

Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM has leaked onto the web

2rrufra.png

Our first Windows 8.1 RTM build has leaked onto the web in a x64 bit variant. The leak comes shortly after Microsoft announced plans to keep the Windows 8.1 update under wraps until October 18. We can't help but think this leak was timed rather deliberately.

The Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM build is native Chinese which means it will take some work for translation into your native language. We do not recommend you download leaked builds, however as this is the RTM it is finished code, do what you will with it, but don't say we didn't warn you.

We will not be providing direct links to this leak, we also do not tolerate people in the comments section posting links either. WinBeta is yet to confirm this leak as legitimate, but users of the PCBeta community have confirmed it as real.

Source

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

i tryed this Windows 8.1 the other day on Virtualbox
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

installed Windows 8.1 (aka.Blue) in Virtualbox and the installer would freeze and hang but i got it installed

it forced me in to set up a email acc. with outlook and then asked for another email addy to send a code to and
would not let me pass that unless i used the code then it finshed the install

and the start button just go's in loop lol you click it then it go's to the tiles screen with a arrow pointing
down you click that it go's to your apps screen then you click the button again it go's back to the desktop lmao
i could not stand it so i deleted it

i think i like my new Win 8 pc the way it is (Hp p7-1439) i'm used to it and do not mind how it is now

i'm going to wait and see how others do with Win 8.1 first

thanks

James

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.