Solved Windows 8.1 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I just installed nortron internet security. after installation no program cannot run not even taskmanager or command prompt. I m stuck plz help me...

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I am badly stuck cannot install or uninstall any program windows shows
windows cannot find c:\windows\systwm32\taskmanager.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Can you please supply a little more information as to when it started, what you did "exactly".

Reactions: aamoos
Upvote 0

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Last day I install nortron av. today i tried install nortran IS it ask me to remove NAV. I did that and install IS. After that... stuck
No admin rights

Upvote 0

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Cannot do anything. cannot run any program. cannot install or uninstall anything badly stuck

Upvote 0

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
How to boot windows 8 .1 in safemode? I tried it give me 9 options to boot with i dont know which options are suitable

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
First OFF Norton is the worst program ever slows down Internet speed slows everything down.

OK on to your problem: Sounds to me like u have a bad virus ,malware,spyware cought on your PC

First Run Norton Eraser should be on the new build. If u don't have it click here to get it Run program and scan let it fix if anything comes up https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx
see if problem is still there

Second if First did not work please do the following: Open your Command prompt/ CMD (AS ADMIN) type sfc /scannow so it can check your system files to see if there's anything wrong with them and it will fix it automatically if so.

Let me know if any of this worked please let me know thank u

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Booting Into Safe Mode When Windows Is Running Normally

In this case, all you need to do is make some changes through the MSConfig utility, and the next boot will get the PC up and running in Safe Mode.

Step 1: Press Win+R to get the Run dialog. Type “msconfig” (without the quotes) and launch the utility.

Step 2: In the Boot tab, check Safe boot, followed by the type of Safe Mode that you want to achieve. Hit Apply

image5.png

That’s it – when you reboot your machine afterwards, it will start up in Safe Mode.

A noteworthy mention at this point is the fact that with this setting, the system will ALWAYS boot up in Safe Mode. If you want to get back to the normal operation, just launch msconfig again, and uncheck the Safe boot option. The next (and subsequent) restarts will get you back to normal Windows 8 environment.

Booting Windows 8 In Safe Mode When PC Is Not Starting

This one is a little tricky, because it takes trial and error (and patience) to launch the Windows 8 ‘recovery mode’ when start up sequence is on going. What you need to do is, past the BIOS splash screen, hold down the Shift key and repeatedly hit the F8 key. Doing so should get you to the recovery mode, but it might take a few tries before you achieve that.

Once the Recovery screen is displayed, click the See advanced repair options button. In the next screen, hit the Troubleshoot button.

Safe-Mode-1.png

In the troubleshoot menu, click Advanced options, wherein lies Windows Startup Settings. Choose that.

Safe-Mode-2.png

The next screen will ask you to restart your PC, after which you’ll see the familiar Advanced Boot Option screen – the same one that’s been around since Windows XP – and you can choose Safe Mode here.

Upvote 0

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I done that. Now nortron is fully removed but in normal mode problem is same same errors. and in normal mode i cannot install or unistall or run any program.

Upvote 0

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Yes i download NPE and run it in safemode(bcoz it cannot run in normal) It only detect a registery error and fix it. then it booted it in normal. and problem is still there @ImtheBest

Upvote 0
I

illumination

In normal mode, open Command Prompt "with Admin Rights" and type

sfc /scannow

Let this run too see if it finds any file errors/corruptions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.