Solved Windows 8.1 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I just installed nortron internet security. after installation no program cannot run not even taskmanager or command prompt. I m stuck plz help me...

I

illumination

Doing it now but in safe mode coz in normal cannot run cmd prompt with admin

Ok, let it run,once it runs it will ask to restart the system afterwards to fix what it can, then start back up in normal mode and let me know if it addresses the problem.

Reactions: aamoos
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I would suggest you to backup all important files before doing anything (attach external hdd or usb while you're in Safe Mode, copy files, detach)
  • check your proxy settings if some of them were changed
  • try scanning your computer with kaspersky tdss killer, malwarebytes and hitman pro in safe mode with networking
  • if you have infection try getting help on http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance.10/
  • after that if problem persists try repair with Tweaking.com Windows Repair
  • and at the end if nothing works try Windows 8 Reset or Refresh options or reinstall your system

Upvote 0

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Thank you guys for your help. I think my issue is now resolved. I installed malwarebytes it caught infections and I also think sfc /scannow helped.> now system is slow but i think i got admin rights..

Reactions: illumination
Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
NOTE ON THAT
and at the end if nothing works try Windows 8 Reset or Refresh options or reinstall your system

Make sure u do a Fresh install and not a reset or it will have a windows.old of all your recent files and it won't be a clean install

I Recommend doing a Boot up install with either USB flash drive or Windows disc
Ej7OCvj.jpg

Upvote 0

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
It done. only find a log file error
Of course you get only this report, it is now necessary to improve the errors and if you do so, then you're the first one who able do it.
But is possible to improve only if you have the installation files (shadow copies) preserved. Typically is not or they are also damaged.
Therefore, now try only save your files and do a clean installation. However, when re-installing again install unsuitable and unnecessary programs, everything repeats again.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Thank you guys for your help. I think my issue is now resolved. I installed malwarebytes it caught infections and I also think sfc /scannow helped.> now system is slow but i think i got admin rights..

Your welcome, good to hear. I would slide over to here
http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance.10/

Let them help you go through the system to make sure all traces of infection are gone/cleaned up.
Great help.. Thanks again.. How can i thanks you????? :D

The thank you was enough :) Stick around and enjoy our little community of good people!

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
NOTE ON THAT

Make sure u do a Fresh install and not a reset or it will have a windows.old of all your recent files and it won't be a clean install

I Recommend doing a Boot up install with either USB flash drive or Windows disc
Ej7OCvj.jpg

windows.old can be removed from the system...
  1. Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    . In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

2. If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

3. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

4. Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

5. In the message that appears, click Delete Files.

Upvote 0

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
windows.old can be removed from the system...
  1. Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    . In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

2. If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

3. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

4. Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

5. In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
I do not recommend this method, then the whole content will stay on the hard drive, but only a disguised form. Much more sensible is to use CCleaner and before configure as shown in the picture.
NB! Only You need to be logged in as an administrator!

CCleaner_1_zps11672628.png

CCleaner_2_zps7c6c3f26.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Although solved, which version number of Norton was installed?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.