Advice Request Windows 8 and Windows 7

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakmiller72

Thread author
Nov 6, 2013
Right now i am using W7 and i want to switch to W8. Please tell me some important feature batter then W7.

Mod Edit: No spam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
The Secure Boot feature in W8 is nice, it just all depends on what you like, I personally jumped straight from XP to W8 so I don't know too much about W7

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Meh, this has many bugs if you even attempt to update from windows 8 to 8.1.....
I still haven't updated, scared half of my programs aren't going to be compatible for awhile so waiting for an more "finalized" windows 8.1

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Meh, this has many bugs if you even attempt to update from windows 8 to 8.1.....
Yup bro u will face it. Even i have faced it too, that caused me to reformat my entire pc so switched back to 8. But if u buy Win retail DVD of 8.1 u wont get this problem. Its far worth buying a PC that has inbuilt 8.1.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Yup bro u will face it. Even i have faced it too, that caused me to reformat my entire pc so switched back to 8. But if u buy Win retail DVD of 8.1 u wont get this problem. Its far worth buying a PC that has inbuilt 8.1.
When i tried to update it restarted my pc and my entired screen was messed up so... ehh

D

Deleted member 178

Win8/8.1 = faster, safer , apps that give me infos needed without having to open my browser,

Win7 = slower, ugly and not "interactive-at-all" Start Menu, better for tweakers/geeks,

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
When i tried to update it restarted my pc and my entired screen was messed up so... ehh
I had a lot of issues with my drivers in 8.1, CPU fan issue, although I used to manage it, but within one month I could not expect what had happened , my pc was booting very delayed and finally it was not booting. at this case I must boot to safe mode and copy all my data to ext USB,HDD to save myself. Win 8.1 is really a stupid update:mad:. When I aske the Microsoft community they informed that we must first check whether all drivers are up to date and check its compatibility with other softwares and then update. :oops:Uff such a long tragedy, I will never update again to 8.1, If I want though I will purchase one new pc , will never think of updating it again. ;)

Reactions: Oxygen
D

Deleted member 178

when you plan to update an OS your first mandatory move is to check your hardware to see if they are compatible; this should be a reflex, don't expect Microsoft to create drivers for your hardwares...this is the job of your hardware's manufacturer.

Don't blame the wrong one.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The Secure Boot feature in W8 is nice

Secure Boot is optional, it's also hardware based so mostly found on new hardware, and can be toggled from the BIOS settings.
Do I need Secure Boot in order to upgrade to the latest version of Windows?

No. There are no additional hardware requirements from Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Secure Boot is an optional feature that can be activated by a PC manufacturer to enhance the security of a PC, and you’ll find it on all new logo-certified Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows® 8 and Windows RT PCs.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824987.aspx

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
pro
- Windows Store and Modern UI
- Synchronisation of you configuration (themes, apps, ..)
- boot faster
- use less memory
- you can natively mount iso
- support of multiple monitors enhanced
- Include Windows defender, built-in skydrive and optimized task manager

cons
- Windows Store and Modern UI -> not enough apps , no built-in classic start menu
- nobody like it , so its not very popular

I'm on windows since 3.11, used them all and I can say that windows 8.1 is a very good OS, far better than seven

I recently bought an Asus Transformer book T100 with windows 8.1 , its amazing :) I 'm going to sell my galaxy tab

adyblueboy

Level 2
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Used:98,XP,Vista,7,8 now 8.1.Best 8.1.But for some programs with hasp key protection in might be better xp and 32 bit sometimes.

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
I Hate Windows 8 and 8.1

You should use Windows 7 Ultimate.

You can also use Windows 7 Professional, but Ultimate has some extra features, Little Difference.

You should not use Windows 8 and 8.1 because i donot like it and no one like it.

Its your choice you install 7 , 8 or 8.1

From my point of view XP is better than 8 and 8.1

I know Microsoft will stop update in xp.

>>>>>>> You should try 8.1 but not 8 because 8.1 is latest, then you decide 7 or 8.1? >>>>>>

D

Deleted member 178

I Hate Windows 8 and 8.1

You can also use Windows 7 Professional, but Ultimate has some extra features, Little Difference.

You should not use Windows 8 and 8.1 because i donot like it and no one like it.

>>>>>>> You should try 8.1 but not 8 because 8.1 is latest, then you decide 7 or 8.1? >>>>>>

Trololololol :D

no explanations , no arguments , this kind of useless and uninformative post.

I Love Win8/8.1; it does what i needed since ages when Win7 and below can't.

better built-in security (beginners and corporations don't even need 3rd party AVs)
better performances and boot.
better built-in tools.
better system recovery/restoration.
more multi-task oriented (apps doesn't interfere with the desktop).
sync for multi-computer/tablet users (like me).

your softs/drivers are not compatible , blame the manufacturers for their lack of skills , not Windows8

those that bash Win8 never used it long enough or deep enough to see the real potential it has.

Thanks

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
I Hate Windows 8 and 8.1

Can you argue your statement ?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I Hate Windows 8 and 8.1

Come on bro win 8 is the best OS that is available in market. Its been best for me since day one of my purchase of my Laptop.
I also agree with Umbra Polaris for his quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.