Windows 8 security improvements

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Windows 8 security improvements topic for you ..

Windows 8 security improvements: posted by John Barrett on December 30, 2011 on CLEANbytes.net: http://cleanbytes.net/windows-8-security-improvements

- with the new Windows Task Manager screens!

Quote:
'Microsoft Windows was never meant to be an operating system dedicated to tech-savvy users, a proof of this is the lack of the processes details in the default Task Manager. We can see only the running processes including services and we have as options only to kill a certain process or to set its priority to the CPU. How many of you were able to kill a malicious process for example a computer trojan from Task Manager in the recent days? I bet nobody. That’s because the real computer trojans does not appear in the Task Manager with a name as trojan.exe allowing you to simply kill its process, instead the recent trojans are injected in other processes adress space in order to hide their presence in the system, but you won’t find any clue in the Task Manager. Therefore, many people willing to increase their knowledge and power over the running processes switched from default Task Manager to more advanced tools like Process Hacker, Security Task Manager or Sysinternals Process Explorer.

A few days ago I have tested Windows 8 Developer Preview available for downloading at Microsoft official website and I have noticed several improvements in the general security of the computer and its user. One of them was the improved Task Manager, now allowing the user to switch to Advanced level showing the parent and child processes, startup items and details about processes.'

You have also the screen of Credentials Manager!

Good read for everyone here.;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.