Windows 8 Slow Boot, No Network, App Crashes After Hitman Pro Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_ddh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 21, 2015
My Windows 8.1 PC seemed to slow down with abrupt task bar freezes on daily use.
Suspecting my PC might have been infected, I decided to run a maintenance check-up, stapling through the steps suggested by a page in MalwareTips (How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide))

In brief, the following is what I've run:
1. Run Kaspersky TDSSKiller
2. Run RKill
3. Run Malwarebytes scan/repair
4. Run HitmanPro scan/repair

Symptoms:
Extremely Slow Boot (~10 minutes)
Black screen with no desktop after logging in
Unable to install any new apps/programs
No network connection
Crashing apps on launch (i.e. Google Chrome)

Additional Steps I've taken to Rectify the Symptoms Above:
Reimage Pro scan/repair on Safe Mode with Network

Conclusion:
As you could imagine, I was unable to proceed any further after step 4, because I would get an error attempting to install Zemana (step 5).

I am hung with the symptoms where it takes nearly 10 minutes just to boot my pc/log in, and face fails on installing any application. I get no network connections unless I get into Safe Mode with Network. Generally, overall PC performance is extremely irritating and unstable.

Please HELP!!

jay_ddh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 21, 2015
+ additional action I've taken which I forgot to mention is Windows Restore to a point way back before running any of the steps mentioned.

jay_ddh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 21, 2015
@TwinHeadedEagle I've followed your instructions in the Prep Guide post, and loaded the two logs generated by FRST.

In addition, I'm attaching Rkill log generated previously (before the slowness appeared).

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Rkill.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 1

jay_ddh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 21, 2015
@TwinHeadedEagle Just re-ran the scan as I forgot to run the app as administrator. Reattaching the log files here.....

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 4

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Task: {50ACFF78-B0C7-4E9D-81B5-828CECB2EF5D} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe [2013-12-31] ()

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.