Windows 8 Slow Boot, No Network, App Crashes After Hitman Pro Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_ddh

Level 1
Verified
My Windows 8.1 PC seemed to slow down with abrupt task bar freezes on daily use.
Suspecting my PC might have been infected, I decided to run a maintenance check-up, stapling through the steps suggested by a page in MalwareTips (How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide))

In brief, the following is what I've run:
1. Run Kaspersky TDSSKiller
2. Run RKill
3. Run Malwarebytes scan/repair
4. Run HitmanPro scan/repair

Symptoms:
Extremely Slow Boot (~10 minutes)
Black screen with no desktop after logging in
Unable to install any new apps/programs
No network connection
Crashing apps on launch (i.e. Google Chrome)

Additional Steps I've taken to Rectify the Symptoms Above:
Reimage Pro scan/repair on Safe Mode with Network

Conclusion:
As you could imagine, I was unable to proceed any further after step 4, because I would get an error attempting to install Zemana (step 5).

I am hung with the symptoms where it takes nearly 10 minutes just to boot my pc/log in, and face fails on installing any application. I get no network connections unless I get into Safe Mode with Network. Generally, overall PC performance is extremely irritating and unstable.

Please HELP!!
 
+ additional action I've taken which I forgot to mention is Windows Restore to a point way back before running any of the steps mentioned.
 
Task: {50ACFF78-B0C7-4E9D-81B5-828CECB2EF5D} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe [2013-12-31] ()

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top