JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I'm not sure if this other problem is related with the previous, on the Windows start menu some applications are "black" and cannot launch:confused:
Applis1.PNG

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hello JB007, after 4, 5 days my windows update start to work and I made the update smooth.
After "over thinking" a lot I remove all my security softwares and, reset some settings on the system with this tool: "Windows 10 manager".
this is a trial software that tweak, optimize, fix and reset your windows Speed Up & Optimize Windows 10 | Tweak Windows 10 – Yamic Soft
in my situation, I just hit fix button and after restart my laptop the updates run smooth and come back to normal.

**Do a restore point first**
cheers.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

Hello,
I'm not sure if this other problem is related with the previous, on the Windows start menu some applications are "black" and cannot launch:confused:
View attachment 132685

For your consideration...

This is a known issue with no definitive explanation from anyone as to why it happens. There are probably multiple causes.

Search online for "Reinstall Windows Apps." There are various ways to do it, but using powershell is the most effective to reinstall:

How to reinstall preinstalled apps in Windows 10

Here is a utility if you don't want to use powershell:

10AppsManager: Uninstall, reinstall Windows 10 Store apps

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Did you look up for a solution?

I searched "exclamation mark on windows 10 apps" which brings up some results.

Try to reinstall with 10AppsManager (freeware and portable).

For your consideration...

This is a known issue with no definitive explanation from anyone as to why it happens. There are probably multiple causes.

Search online for "Reinstall Windows Apps." There are various ways to do it, but using powershell is the most effective to reinstall:

How to reinstall preinstalled apps in Windows 10

Here is a utility if you don't want to use powershell:

Thanks @Spawn and @Lockdown :)
The solution "How to reinstall preinstalled apps in Windows 10" did not solve my problem and I got an error message:
Applis2.PNG

But the utility "10AppsManager: Uninstall, reinstall Windows 10 Store apps" solved the problem fine:):
Apps3.PNG

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.