Advice Request Windows Insider build expiring Oct 31st

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
On every reboot I get a warning that my insider build will expire Oct 31st I had bought a W10 Pro new from best buy about a year ago from Best Buy but never installed it. My current version is 10 Home. When I moved 6 months ago, the W 10 Pro got lost. Is there anything I can do without buying another W 10 Home or Pro version?

Thanks

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You bought pro from best buy and never installed it, but it got lost? I dont understand what you mean

Best buy licenses seems to be legit when comparing them to prices sold at , wondering are those 5-10 usd licenses legit at all ( not best buy)?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
You bought pro from best buy and never installed it, but it got lost? I dont understand what you mean

Best buy licenses seems to be legit when comparing them to prices sold at , wondering are those 5-10 usd licenses legit at all ( not best buy)?
Yes I bought it brcause my computer would not boot up. For some reason it started working fine before I could install the W 10 Pro. I then moved about 6 months ago. my children helped and some how he never survived the move. Yes I paid 200 bucks for it from Best Buy. It was a USB stick loaded with the OS. Now I either have to find a workaround or buy the OS again but this time it would be the Home version. I don't have TPM 2.0 amd I tried installing the W 11 iso but still got the message I can not due to TPM 2.0

Reactions: Moonhorse

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Do you have the receipt? Did Best Buy ever send you a receipt via email? Is there any way Best Buy would have a record of the license key on their end? If the USB was lost while in your possession, you might be out of luck.

Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Yes I bought it brcause my computer would not boot up. For some reason it started working fine before I could install the W 10 Pro. I then moved about 6 months ago. my children helped and some how he never survived the move. Yes I paid 200 bucks for it from Best Buy. It was a USB stick loaded with the OS. Now I either have to find a workaround or buy the OS again but this time it would be the Home version. I don't have TPM 2.0 amd I tried installing the W 11 iso but still got the message I can not due to TPM 2.0
Stick to win 10, there is no point ugprading to windows 11 if your motherboard + cpu wont support it...microsoft will just kick you out from receiving updates at some point

you must have OEM license still , there is no point purchasing new license before you buy new desktop wich either comes with OEM pre-installed or if you build the computer yourself , then you buy the license

And as plat said , you should have received receipt with the license key

Sorry as much as i want to help, but im not familiar with the licensing myself either :LOL:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.