Troubleshoot windows runs fine in safe mode but normal mode is broken

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
browser wouldnt download any files, extensions would be unrepsonsive and certain websites wouldnt load up right
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
reinstalled windows,restatrting pc,scan with eset ss and malwarebytes
ok my pc works like it should in safe mode but it doesnt in normal mode im getting annoyed with this as i have to put internet filters on my pc to block nasty sites and i ahve a feeling that disableing acces to services.msc and gpedit and also changing the safe mode boot in bcedit on cmd may have something to dow ith this im not sure please help

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There are many situations where Safe mode can work well and the normal mode hangs, it may be a suspect/culprit of a hardware/software.

Try the following possible steps for diagnosis in safe mode

1) Go to Control panel -----> Device Manager ------> then check for warnings or error marks which makes the hardware made trouble thus your OS freezes;/ try to uninstsll then check if still persist.

2) Go to Start Menu ----> Click Run -----> then type msconfig -----> go to services and startups then try to untick any possible problems, assume it should not be from Microsoft. Check if still persist.

This option managed to fix by most users which going to BIOS by tapping del key or f2 key (depends on the manufacturer default key command) then change all settings by default, restart and check if still persist.

This link has been label SOLVED upon the problem by a user:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/42397-63-windows-runs-safe-mode-freezes-normal

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.