Windows Update problem

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
So I've not been able to update Windows since the 10-10-2017 and when I go to update it I get this message.
I've tried what the "internet" has told me to do and I still get the same problem.
Anyone else have this problem?
Screenshot_28.png

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
So I've not been able to update Windows since the 10-10-2017 and when I go to update it I get this message.
I've tried what the "internet" has told me to do and I still get the same problem.
Anyone else have this problem?
View attachment 171038
Haven't been able to do full updates for a couple months now, it 'installs' the updates then it fails so uninstalls them. Takes twice as long and is a mega pain in the a***:mad:

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
I also had an error like this one. what i did was disabling and re-enabling Glasswire (windows firewall) or whatever firewall u use.
Also try disabling all other security software.
Strange thing is i never had any popup from my software, that something is getting blocked... yet it fixed my problem somehow :D

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
@roger_m I tried them and didn't seem to work, @frogboy It downloads and all but not as such freezes but stops doing the update at 99%. I'll try those steps again @roger_m but I'm not holding my breath.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.