Windows Updates December 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I am on build 18298 with no issues so far. Lockdown , have you moved to Linux yet? If not , why not? Has mot messed with Windscribe. Only thing I notice is after each update, Windscribes Wap need to be reinstalled.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Any major bugs? i am doing disk backup with AOMEI and Macrium before upgrading to 1809.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Not sure which update yesterday upset Perfect Privacy VPN but has been slower connecting on boot, I was going to reinstall but the situation seems to have righted itself, well..For now? I don't know how people sleep with the likes of Macrium, saves the day on so many occasions.

I am on build 18298 with no issues so far. Lockdown , have you moved to Linux yet? If not , why not? Has mot messed with Windscribe. Only thing I notice is after each update, Windscribes Wap need to be reinstalled.

I have over 20 systems. Actually, more than 25. Multiple tower PCs, swap-out drive systems, laptops, with VMWare on all, many VMs, all OSes, Workstation and Server, blah, blah, blah. So I have it all. And I see it all.

Dropbox disappeared on one system. Dropbox folder smashed.

The Desktop background gone on another.

OneDrive partially re-installed... despite promises and reassurances from M$shaft that it wouldn't do this sort of thing.

Installing frickin' Game Bar and other garbage apps on systems. Just more stuff that no one needs... forced upon us by Microsoft.

Installing different unwanted apps in Admin account versus SUA.

Don't install it. You just may very well live to really regret it. 1809 remains garbage. It's full of problems and bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest 1803 cumulative update

Attempt to access Windows Firewall settings via Control Panel > Explorer hangs and CPU shoots through the roof

Wow... it just keeps getting worse and worse.

This is just a terrible user experience. Terrible QA\QC.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
What the heck Microsoft is doing? Did they hire some bad engineer employees? Microsoft Windows 10 gone down the hill very quick than Malwarebytes on 1809 update. I believe this is one reason why people are still staying on Windows 7.

D

Deleted member 178

I had 2 bugs so far:
1- display lightness resetting to 50% after restart. (known and supposed to be fixed in next CU)
2- my customized start menu layout resetting sometimes.

Reactions: harlan4096

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
My display brightness too resetting on restart.
Had to reinstall my VPN.
My battery level icon disappeared from the taskbar, even when activated in settings.
Edge is crashing sometimes and closing completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.