Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
After trying to reinstall windows xp, some of my system 32 folders were deleted and now my computer gets while booting up and naming missing folders. How do I install windows back onto it?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@TheBlue262: I think you need to careful reformat the OS of Windows XP, usually you will not have any problems or corruption from the first place. Those issues may occur when 3rd party programs influence it.

L

LabZero

Maybe it is enough reinstall XP overwritting the current installation.

Insert the Windows XP installation disk in the CD/DVD drive of your PC and restart the system. Wait until you see on the screen the message press any key to boot from CD-ROM ... and press any key on the keyboard of your PC to start the installation of Windows XP.

After a few seconds of loading, you will see a blue screen that will be darkened for a few seconds before showing the installation process of Windows by selecting the drive on which (re) install the system. If no message appears when you start your PC and start Windows normally, you must properly configure the boot sequence of your PC via BIOS.
You should now find yourself in front of the screen with the selection of the partition on which Windows XP reinstall. Most likely, there is only one (Partition1 [NTFS]), then placed on it and press the Enter key on your keyboard twice to select it and leave the current file system intact (so you do not format the drive).

At this point, all you have to do is wait for the copy of the first Windows XP files onto the hard disk of the PC. The procedure lasts a few minutes, and then the computer restarts by itself and resumes the operating system installation.
At this point don't press any key to boot from CD-ROM.

Reactions: done and frogboy

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
This happened while I was trying to reinstall windows xp. Before I tried to reinstall windows it was already windows xp. During the installion, there was an error. Is there anyway to format the hard drive since I think I just need to remove the files so that windows can install again using the disc.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
This happened while I was trying to reinstall windows xp. Before I tried to reinstall windows it was already windows xp. During the installion, there was an error. Is there anyway to format the hard drive since I think I just need to remove the files so that windows can install again using the disc.
Your problem is: Your optical drive can not read the disk. that can happen if
1 there are scratches on the disc
2 the laser eye is dirty (in the optical drive)
3 The laser eye is weak.
4 the image was not burned to the disk properly.

1 try to clean the disk.
2 try to clean the laser eye.
3 try original disc not burned one it is easier to read for bad laser eye.

good luck

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
I'm having a new issue with the computer which is whenever I open it and after the logo for the pc loads, it says NTLDR missing.

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
I think I may have did something to cause this because I tried deleting the partition. That might have did something with the ntldr.

S

Smith83

Perform a full format, then install windows. If you have another copy of the disk, I would suggest you use it.

Reactions: done

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
Perform a full format, then install windows. If you have another copy of the disk, I would suggest you use it.
I don't know how to perform a full format. I think that's why I deleted the partition.

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
The instructions tell you what to do. I think that it is worded very nice. Here are more, with a few more pics.
While trying to do a clean install using the website you provided, during part 1 page 4 after pressing enter, files and drivers loaded and then when windows was starting, a blue screen appeared saying "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." For the technical information at the bottom it says STOP : 0x0000007B (0xF8C55524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Reactions: done

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
While trying to do a clean install using the website you provided, during part 1 page 4 after pressing enter, files and drivers loaded and then when windows was starting, a blue screen appeared saying "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." For the technical information at the bottom it says STOP : 0x0000007B (0xF8C55524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Your image is not good which means the instalation media is not good. try to find a clean ISO of windows XP and burn it on a cd with imgburn make sure the burning speed is not more than 4. do not try to install via usb I always had problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.