Troubleshoot Windows won't start

PiP 93

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 2, 2017
Hi everyone, I don't frequent a lot of forums so i apologize for any blunders in advance. I saw a member helping out several people having this same issue I am having. I can't get windows 7 to start. I can get to startup repair/system recovery options but not to safe mode. Here is a rundown of the history to best i can recall.

The computer is a new to me, a used M92p Lenovo SFF with a Quadro 410 graphics card installed. I am trying to upgrade my old trading computer to trade Forex on Multiple screens.

I had the graphics and wifi card installed, and computer restored to original then cleaned of any stuff not needed.

Had some minor issues installing programs for trading but it ended up all working fine. Has worked for couple weeks. Only running two screens while waiting for a 5m DP to HDMI cable.

Then Malwarebytes stopped opening, no chameleon file found, would not uninstall, tried downloading latest version, still would not open or uninstall.

Someone else with this issue fixed it by downloading Superantispyware and running a scan. I did this got 893 problems. I fixed them and then was able to uninstall Malwarebytes and reinstall it. Updated it, did a scan everything OK. Also I use Microsoft security essentials.

I fixed the Malwarebytes issue, apparently, then moved on to setting up my 3rd monitor, got two going then found out had to change to igb in bios and enabled multiple displays in there also and that was all i touched in bios. Hit F10 and here I am. Got hardware or software changes preventing startup, i believe was the error.

I created a restore point, I believe before I did any changes and tried to restore to that point with no success.

I ran Farbar scan off a removable disk and got the results on the usb stick.

It is about as far as I can get with my computer abilities, hoping someone here can help further.

Thank's

angustaver

Level 4
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
If it does not start
Should try to reset the mbr
Read on the internet
How it's done
Read about these commands:
Fixboot
Fixmbr
That you can use
With cmd boot disk windows 7

Upvote 0

PiP 93

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 2, 2017
Hey thank's to all that replied. I took computer back to repair/sales man as I just didn't have the time or knowledge to proceed any further.

It was apparently the HD 4000 on board card and the Nvidia Quadro 410 card/drivers fighting with each other?? Computer works fine until both drivers are working. We changed the quadro 410 for a X 1300/1550 card and it worked three screens without any adjustments at all.

Three monitors is OK but a far cry from the 4-6 monitors the Lenovo Tech said I would get. Before I purchased the computer I contacted Lenovo and I asked if the M92p serial number XXXXXX supports multiple monitors they said no only two, I asked why the specs for it say "multiple monitors" and after she had a discussion with another tech I was given the Lenovo part number for the Nvidia card. She was asked specifically "if I purchased and installed part # XXXXX (Nvidia) card in this M92p how many monitors will I be able to use?" Reply " 4-6 monitors are supported with that card/part".

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the GPU drivers to play nice together? Lenovo is no help and denies even giving me a part number. I asked for the proper drivers and they told me the computer is out of warranty. I said I don't want warranty just links to the drivers you use with that part you told me to use, they want 70$ sign up for support. The driver from Nvidia gives us issues, or the HD 4000 driver, not sure. Tried updated driver from Nvidia site, no luck.

Any Ideas?

Thank's everyone.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.