Windscribe VPN and Blokada?

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Can't connect to Windscribe VPN due to Blokada's "VPN" proxy.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Attempting to connect Windscribe while Blokada is running.
Is there any way to prevent Blokada from using a "VPN" proxy so that I can use an actual VPN alongside it?

Supposedly Windscribe has built-in ad blocking, but Blokada has been quite impressive.

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
What phone do you have?

If encryption isn't your main priority then you can use Adguard and setup Windscribe's SOCKS5 with it.

You cannot use another vpn along with Blokada. And no, Windscribe Android app doesn't have adblocking. It's scheduled for a later update.

Reactions: slash/
Upvote 0

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
What phone do you have?

If encryption isn't your main priority then you can use Adguard and setup Windscribe's SOCKS5 with it.

You cannot use another vpn along with Blokada. And no, Windscribe Android app doesn't have adblocking. It's scheduled for a later update.
Samsung Galaxy S8. Is it possible with this phone? Good to know Windscribe for Android doesn't have built-in ad blocking yet.

Upvote 0

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Yes, you can use Adguard with SOCKS5 on your S8.

There's actually two better solutions than that. (for Samsung phones only)
1. Disconnect Pro (You should find it on Galaxy store)
2. Adhell3 (Open source ad blocker)

Both this solution uses knox instead of vpn technology to block ads. So you're free to use any vpn along with them.

Disconnect Pro is not a dedicated ad blocker. It's a tracker blocker. But it blocks most ads anyway. It's a paid app though.

Adhell3 is a free and open sourced ad blocker + package and service disabler. It's really powerful but it takes some time to set up.
The dev doesn't provide an apk. So you'll have to compile it on your own or just use an apk from the mediafire folder that I'll link below. These apks are shared by a respected reddit user. So, you can trust him if you want.
Link: MediaFire

But, just installing the apk won't work. You need to do certain things to make it work, prior to installation. You'll find all the instructions here:
Link 1: Sign in · GitLab
Link 2: r/Adhell

I know Adhell3 sounds complicated but it's not. It'll only take about 5 mins to set up if you use the apk from the mediafire folder.

And like I said before, you're free to use whatever VPN service you want to, along with Adhell3. Adhell3 doesn't use vpn technology to block ads.

Reactions: slash/
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.