Not open for further replies.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
Hello MalwareTips Members,

Finally after months without any updates, I'm happy to present Winja 4.0 (Beta), exclusively released on MalwareTips (As for all pre-final / beta releases).

Why so much time for a new update ?

For the reason, Winja and other Freeware are coded in my rare free time. These last months I was (and still at this time) overloaded with professional projects for my company and as you can guess the main priority is commercial projects if I want to keep my business in a good situation.

Change log :

- Winja main user interface updated
- Phrozen material buttons updated to V2.0
- Standardized beautiful icons
- When closing main window, the process now ends, now only minimize on system tray is optional and available. This is a more natural way of hiding application to tray.
- Many parts of the program was recoded from scratch for the maintainability / stability / reliability / speed optimization
- AAI (Advanced Application Inspection) is now fully dissociated from Winja and will be released as a separated application but bundled in a futur version of Winja when ready for deployment. This was done to make Winja lighter, again for maintainability and for 32 / 64 bit optimization when attaching an application. No ETA
- Network Monitor added to Extra Tools. Two position mode available, align on caption bar or bottom of Extra Tools
- Phrozen Material Menu updated to V2.0 and now support menu headers / fill glyphs / greyscale glyphs.
- Process Viewer fully recoded using low level API's, support now process creation time and fix a rare but critical bug which freeze the whole program.
- You can now disable the behavior of listing by parent > child Process Viewer items.
- Delphi Compiler was updated from 10 Seattle to 10.2 Tokyo.
- Phrozen Material Message Box component updated to V2.0
- Minor bugs fixed in Windows Shadows
- Phrozen Material Caption Bar updated to version 2.0 and support animation, textures etc...
- VirusTotal API's usage improved, scan tasks recoded from scratch which induce a better scan performance.
- Rescan file bug fixed
- Phrozen Material Notification implemented, beautiful notification style using Phrozen Material Graphical Engine.
- Winja Desktop Widget updated and support now Opacity Level as new option
- New scan option added, "Never Submit Unknown Samples", for confidentiality reason, if a file report wasn't found on VT servers, you can disable the default behavior to upload a new sample for further analysis.
- Scanning Tasks design / ergonomics fully rethought
- Results Tasks design / ergonomics fully rethought as well
- Logs added to Scanning Tasks frame, then you can follow the scanning process.
- Report Analysis Window design improved
- Download And Scan feature rethought and improved
- Task Scheduler Listing feature recoded from scratch, and rethought to be more user friendly.

I probably missed few changes.

The real Winja Bundle will never have a portable for technical reasons (mostly related to embedded fonts), but a full dedicated portable edition will be proposed without any fixed ETA.

Winja Main Window
sshot1.png

Main Window with Drop Down Menu
sshot-51.png

Download And Scan New Design
sshot-52.png

Scanning Tasks
sshot-54.png

Desktop Notification System
sshot-55.png

Scan Results List
sshot-59.png

Analysis Report Window
sshot-60.png

General Settings Window
sshot-61.png

Settings Mode with Menu Drop Down / Staff Roll
sshot-62.png

Quick Scan Process
sshot-63.png

Process Viewer with Menu Openned
sshot-64.png

Networking Process with Menu openned
sshot-66.png

Network Monitor (Settings Window Openned)
sshot-67.png

Startup Programs with Network Monitor (Align Top Mode)
sshot-68.png

New Task Scheduler + Network Monitor (Align Top)
sshot-69.png

Registered Services
sshot-70.png

And Finally, the download link ;)

https://phrozen.io/upload/2017/09/Winja_4-0b_setup.zip

Feel free to give your feelings and report any bugs / glitch or futur improvement ideas.

Just notice, on Windows XP I still have some minor work to do to be perfect as on Windows 7 > Windows 10. The design remain almost exactly the same anyway.

Thanks all

Thanks to MalwareTips, I really love this place !

My twitter : @DarkCoderSc

~JPL

D

Deleted member 65228

All I am going to say is that this developer (@JPLesueur) is a kind and honest person, he is hard-working and he cares about making a difference. I have absolutely no doubt that his application will be useful to many people. Hard work pays off and now it is his time!

Congratulations for your release! +10000!! :) (y)

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
Thank you for your comments :)

@JPLesueur I like the new beta. Do you have any idea when you are going to add the option to ignore certain engines, and when viewing a scan result to not show the engines which detected the file as being clean?

I forgot the idea, I will add it for the final release :

- Option in "General Settings" > "Scan Option" : Do not show engine flagging files as clean in reports
- Option in "General Settings" > "Scan Option" : Manage Engine Filters

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@JPLesueur I've been doing some testing of the new beta. One thing I preferred in the previous version, was that if you requested a file rescan, when the scan completed, the original scan result was still shown, rather than only showing the new result. I found it useful to be able to see both, so you could see the change in detection rates between the two scans.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
@JPLesueur I've been doing some testing of the new beta. One thing I preferred in the previous version, was that if you requested a file rescan, when the scan completed, the original scan result was still shown, rather than only showing the new result. I found it useful to be able to see both, so you could see the change in detection rates between the two scans.

I'm not sure to understand.

Untitled.png

Or you probably mean on the Scan History Section (Settings) ?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
On my computer, the original scan result gets replaced with the new one, instead of showing both results, as you can see from my screenshot.
Winja Beta.PNG

The original scan result was from two weeks ago. As soon as I request a rescan, the scan result is removed from the results window, and then the new scan result is shown once it has been completed.

I've tested it both by doing a context menu scan, and by launching Winja and then dragging and dropping the file onto the Winja window. In both cases I got the same result.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
On my computer, the original scan result gets replaced with the new one, instead of showing both results, as you can see from my screenshot.
View attachment 168330

The original scan result was from two weeks ago. As soon as I request a rescan, the scan result is removed from the results window, and then the new scan result is shown once it has been completed.

I've tested it both by doing a context menu scan, and by launching Winja and then dragging and dropping the file onto the Winja window. In both cases I got the same result.

Ah okay I see, this behavior is only when you request rescan from contextual menu in results window.

Alright I will fix this ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Not only is Winja a badass software but so are the folks behind it.
In their credits they give mention and credit to MalwareTips for the quality feedback.
In return for their kindness I am making an extra effort as a "Thank You" by following Winja on Twitter & spreading Winja
among my friends.
Winja_SS.png
Thanks Winja Team :)
Lets spread Winja far & wide !

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Deletedmessiah
The real Winja Bundle will never have a portable for technical reasons (mostly related to embedded fonts), but a full dedicated portable edition will be proposed without any fixed ETA.
I like the idea of the program but i would also prefer a portable version for it. If there was a option to check multible process with one click i didn't found it.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
SHORTCUT SCANNER 1.0
What about this one?I tried it 3 months ago but the proactive detection doesn't work yet.
@JPLesueura Are you working on it?:notworthy:
This tool can detect bad shortcuts that other security tools miss.

A new version is planned :) , if you follow me on twitter you probably noticed I found a new way to bind (wrap) a possible malicious program of any size inside a shortcut which is far dangerous than my old PoC limited to a very small Malware size and without overloading the command section.

Is there a portable version?

This version can't be used as portable, it was made to be installable only.

I know people want it portable, but I will need to create a special edition just for this purpose.

@Deletedmessiah
I like the idea of the program but i would also prefer a portable version for it. If there was a option to check multible process with one click i didn't found it.

From Extra Tools, you can scan multiple process at the same time, you are talking about "Quick Scan Process" probably ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.