Status
Not open for further replies.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
@JPLesueur I just started using Winja a few weeks ago and I find it a very useful tool.
Thank you for this wonderful piece of software - you're doing a great job!

Thank you very much ! :)

I'm currently working on an alternative for Winja, something more straightforward to scan entire system strategically.

Here is two pictures of the current progress:

WinjaGo_0.png

WinjaGo_1.png

Depending on my free time, it should be released within a month. Begin January to be the most close possible to reality.

PS: I got the authorization of VirusTotal for doing that in exchange of some important rules I must respect.

Regards

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @JPLesueur

Can you say us the details between WinjaGo and Winja please

For what is WinjaGo and for what is Winja

And how can I submit vor send you the detected Samples

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: JPLesueur

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thank you very much ! :)

I'm currently working on an alternative for Winja, something more straightforward to scan entire system strategically.

Here is two pictures of the current progress:

Depending on my free time, it should be released within a month. Begin January to be the most close possible to reality.
PS: I got the authorization of VirusTotal for doing that in exchange of some important rules I must respect.

Regards
I will wait to blast this on Twitter till the release, out of respect. :)
It looks so awesome, it looks like a worthy companion for Winja. (y)

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
Hi @JPLesueur

Can you say us the details between WinjaGo and Winja please

For what is WinjaGo and for what is Winja

And how can I submit vor send you the detected Samples

With best Regards
Mops21

Winja

Well, Winja is a complex program for people with a minimum of knowledge in IT, it is designed to be an On-demand scanner. You chose which file you want to scan and wait for VirusTotal reply.

Winja can focus on different location where Malware often leave clues (Running Process / Networking Process / Task Scheduler / Registry Startup etc...) and many other are currently planned to be added regularly on futur versions.

WinjaGo

Is something for any people with any level of knowledge in IT. It is like a Cloud Antivirus Scanner again using VirusTotal API service. You can chose different modes of scan.

- Quick Scan : Will only scan running process.
- Regular Scan : Will scan for running process / startup entries locations / services and running modules.
- Deep Scan : Will scan for all potential threat files in the system (+removable drives).
- Custom : Let you chose all possible behavior for the scanner.

It is made intelligently, I have code a self made cache system to avoid scanning each times same files. Since detection rate don't change so often. Of course every N weeks (I don't know yet) this cache system is reset to acquire possible new detection.

Also for privacy reason, unknown file are uploaded only with user consent and a report is generated.

In few words : Every weeks you launch WinjaGo, in few clicks it scan strategically your system, you continue your work and let gently WinjaGo doing all the work until scanning report available ;)

I'm really open to suggestions, so, feel free to ask any questions or suggestions to make together something really great !

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Winja

Well, Winja is a complex program for people with a minimum of knowledge in IT, it is designed to be an On-demand scanner. You chose which file you want to scan and wait for VirusTotal reply.

Winja can focus on different location where Malware often leave clues (Running Process / Networking Process / Task Scheduler / Registry Startup etc...) and many other are currently planned to be added regularly on futur versions.

WinjaGo

Is something for any people with any level of knowledge in IT. It is like a Cloud Antivirus Scanner again using VirusTotal API service. You can chose different modes of scan.

- Quick Scan : Will only scan running process.
- Regular Scan : Will scan for running process / startup entries locations / services and running modules.
- Deep Scan : Will scan for all potential threat files in the system (+removable drives).
- Custom : Let you chose all possible behavior for the scanner.

It is made intelligently, I have code a self made cache system to avoid scanning each times same files. Since detection rate don't change so often. Of course every N weeks (I don't know yet) this cache system is reset to acquire possible new detection.

Also for privacy reason, unknown file are uploaded only with user consent and a report is generated.

In few words : Every weeks you launch WinjaGo, in few clicks it scan strategically your system, you continue your work and let gently WinjaGo doing all the work until scanning report available ;)

I'm really open to suggestions, so, feel free to ask any questions or suggestions to make together something really great !

Hi @JPLesueur

Thank you very much for your Informations

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.