Expired WinPatrol Plus for free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
The link doesn't even work anymore... I think he patched it.

After how many hundreds or thousands of keys were stolen?
Doesn't matter, it's done and so am I , I will not contribute here any longer. I have just lost all respect for this site, if not for anything else for the amount of time they let this thread sit here, after all the giveaways and reduced pricing Winpatrol and Bill P. have given this site, it's disrespectful.

Reactions: KaptainBug

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
After how many hundreds or thousands of keys were stolen?
Doesn't matter, it's done and so am I , I will not contribute here any longer. I have just lost all respect for this site, if not for anything else for the amount of time they let this thread sit here, after all the giveaways and reduced pricing Winpatrol and Bill P. have given this site, it's disrespectful.
There was about 2 more sites that posted the same link.... It wasn't only this one.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
There was about 2 more sites that posted the same link.... It wasn't only this one.

Doesn't matter, I am a member here I'm not a member of those sites and for the one that was posted here, now I know and will never be a member of that site also.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no way a crusader but I do believe in supporting the little guy. This is a good man that has worked very hard on some very good software and does not charge an absorbent price for it, and in my mind he was just totally taken advantage of, not only here but on another 2 sites also.

Just because it was posted at two other sites does not justify the posting of it here or make it right.

Reactions: KaptainBug

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Doesn't matter, I am a member here I'm not a member of those sites and for the one that was posted here, now I know and will never be a member of that site also.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no way a crusader but I do believe in supporting the little guy. This is a good man that has worked very hard on some very good software and does not charge an absorbent price for it, and in my mind he was just totally taken advantage of, not only here but on another 2 sites also.

Just because it was posted at two other sites does not justify the posting of it here or make it right.
Why don't you contact him and ask him what actually happened with the error.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Agree with all posts made by Dark Knight. Licenses generated thru the site is still considered stealing and piracy. Bill makes a living with WinPatrol and you cannot save ur a** blaming Bill for faulty licensing site. I warned about this as soon as the post was made, but there was no action taken by the mods.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Agree with all posts made by Dark Knight. Licenses generated thru the site is still considered stealing and piracy. Bill makes a living with WinPatrol and you cannot save ur a** blaming Bill for faulty licensing site. I warned about this as soon as the post was made, but there was no action taken by the mods.
I bought the software long time ago.... I don't see why he didn't know about this though.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Why don't you contact him and ask him what actually happened with the error.

I don't need to seeing as it has already been patched, who knows? and I really do not care how it happened, maybe he does not even run the website, maybe a webmaster does, the point is that people here stole from a hard working man.

And excuse me Fantasy, you seem to be the only one trying to justify all of this this ........ how many licenses did you take illegally and keep or redistribute?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I don't need to seeing as it has already been patched, who knows? and I really do not care how it happened, maybe he does not even run the website, maybe a webmaster does, the point is that people here stole from a hard working man.

And excuse me Fantasy, you seem to be the only one trying to justify all of this this ........ how many licenses did you take illegally and keep or redistribute?
I didn't steal if it clearly gave me the license.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
OMG ...... Ok, justify it any way you want in order to make yourself feel better about what you did, you CLEARLY knew you were not obtaining a license legally.

I'm done with this thread and site.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
OMG ...... Ok, justify it any way you want in order to make yourself feel better about what you did, you CLEARLY knew you were not obtaining a license legally.

I'm done with this thread and site.
double_facepalm.jpg

Does it matter? : No
Who cares if the license is obtained illegally.......
I don't see why you made a big deal about this.

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
On the Fair side, you cannot blame the Forum Staff on this act. They just cannot do anything here. The giveaway topic is posted by member and it is free to do so. It is the will and act of member to decide to get it or not. Remember, they have their own rights to judge and decide.
So, DO NOT BLAME THE FORUM STAFF !!! IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT !!!

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
On the Fair side, you cannot blame the Forum Staff on this act. They just cannot do anything here. The giveaway topic is posted by member and it is free to do so. It is the will and act of member to decide to get it or not. Remember, they have their own rights to judge and decide.
So, DO NOT BLAME THE FORUM STAFF !!! IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT !!!
I agree with you 250%.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I sent Bill an email as copy text below and will wait for reply.

Howdy Bill, I'm a staff member of malwaretips.com and recently one of our members posted a giveaway thread for WinPatrol Plus for free. Below this the link.

http://www.winpatrol.com/cgi-bin/newwcodes.pl

My question is this an legal free giveaway to everyone or is someone posting a link to pay customers. This link is on several giveaway website, so if this is getting abused then I suggest you do something about it.I respect hard work and I don't want others to take advantage of something that could be illegal or cheating you out of your income. I will not hesitate to remove this giveaway thread from MalwareTips if that is what you want.Thank you Bill, I have used WinPatrol for many years and one of my favorite security products. Good Day.

Enjoy!! :D

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
No one is to be blamed.

It looked like a legal giveaway and users went for it.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Although I came late, only getting as far as the "Get Plus key" page, I wanted to share some facts with all those members whom didn't get a key.
For me, like many of us here,
  • It was initially exciting to see a free giveaway for Winpatrol plus!
  • There had been, in fact, a very generous offer, in lieu of XP no longer being supported. XP users were given an offer to upgrade to plus for only $2 U.S. currency.
So, for all those who missed out on a Plus key, don't be disheartened.
  1. The regular WinPatrol is freeware.
  2. It is available for safe download at softpedia:):) http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/WinPatrol.shtml or directly from the developer's site;) http://www.winpatrol.com/
  3. There's even a free portable version!:D http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Info/WinPatrolToGo.shtml
I've read all the posts. Dark Knight, I hope you'll decide to remain with us. We are definitely a more diverse and self aware group with you than without you.

Darn,:mad: I should have just sent Dark Knight a PM!:)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Message from Bill:

Thanks for writing. The link is not any promotion that I supported but was a temporary site created for one of our partners. The abuse was created by a site in India and I regret any of our fans were tricked. I have blocked the creation of codes that don’t originate from our store and any codes that were created will eventually be disabled.

Thanks again,

Bill Pytlovany
BillP Studios

So all codes got from this website will be blacklisted.

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.