WinPatrol plus no longer developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

And like the true pump-and-dump that WinPatrol now is.... the website is still up full of hype, appearing as though the products are current... collecting money from anybody who does not know better..

View attachment 197022

Bret Lowry is a scummy scammy pump-and-dumper.

Bret reminds me of Murray Hurp's - Admuncher. He sold lifetime (expensive) licenses up to the day he decided to never develop it again. Which was about 5 years ago and version 5.

As for WAR.. I never bought into his crap. But some people around here were carnival promoters of it as if it was the second coming.

WinPatrol WAR (formerly WinAntiRansom)

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I did buy WAR & the ridiculous Firewall, at the time there were some reasonable write-ups regarding it. Did I get conned? Yes I did. (I hear they've taken gullible out of the dictionary?) :) Somewhere they are probably some people still waiting on the promised version 5 of AdMuncher. I used it until it was unable to munch encrypted pages, but they still defended it. Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers

Reactions: Burrito

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
ajwcar.png

I don't understand... As someone that actually bought the license at least for WAR, I remember that WAR have a part of the license that is your name, at least for me, now, if the licensing mechanism is not updated, I don't understand what is wrote up there... Also, is honestly the last of my worries. I will prefer a github page for a product like that, without fancy graphics, save the dog I agree, but the rest, be opened to bugs, issues, else change work... Simple as that.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Don't feel bad about WAR- there was no way you could know. Initially it did indeed show great promise, but instead of developing specific ransomware coverage they turned it into something that would alert to anything.

And as I have said before, something that alerts to everything alerts to nothing.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I did buy WAR & the ridiculous Firewall, at the time there were some reasonable write-ups regarding it. Did I get conned? Yes I did. (I hear they've taken gullible out of the dictionary?) :) Somewhere they are probably some people still waiting on the promised version 5 of AdMuncher. I used it until it was unable to munch encrypted pages, but they still defended it. Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers

Murray Hurps conned people out of close to 5 million dollars. He got a buyout offer from a large firm several years before he went full felon of 15 mil and he turned it down because he thought he could milk another 15 million out of Admuncher. He's scammed people for decades with endless lies about 'new things' coming. He even made a fake web page showing Admuncher 5 interface, but it never really began development.

He's some 'Director' at a University now.
Murray Hurps appointed Director of Entrepreneurship at University of Technology Sydney

Glad I avoided the WAR Kool-Aid.

"fanboi sockpuppets"

That's so precious. It's the epitome of a rapier mock. High linguistic art of the informal pop-culture school. Indeed.

:love:

Now we've got an apt, new tag... /urfs or just /fs .

Good show @Telos .

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Itis human to compliment dead people even if they are trash...

When i trialed Winpatrol, i couldnt even suffer the barking... At that time i used Comodo and Winpatrol was obviously useless to me.

Anyway those days, im sure you can find a free equivalent.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 58943
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.