Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hello, here is my simple configuration.
I always use Sandboxie to protect my Chrome session, by setting the auto deletion of the sandbox when I close the browser.

I strongly believe in a backup plan so when you lose your "home's key" ..you have a well-guarded second key, and you are fine ;)

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
You've a nice config here. Thanks for sharing!

I would say that you can safely remove Zemana AL from realtime protection. Emsisoft is also an effective anti-malware and can cover the part of Zemana malware protection. You can keep Zemana as an on-demand scanner only.
If you're using it for keylog protection and Secure SSL specially, keep only those features active. This will very well lighten your system.

You can add 'HTTPS Everywhere' and 'uBlock Origin' (malware and ads blocking) addons to Firefox.
Keep safe!

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
You've a nice config here. Thanks for sharing!

I would say that you can safely remove Zemana AL from realtime protection. Emsisoft is also an effective anti-malware and can cover the part of Zemana malware protection. You can keep Zemana as an on-demand scanner only.
If you're using it for keylog protection and Secure SSL specially, keep only those features active. This will very well lighten your system.

You can add 'HTTPS Everywhere' and 'uBlock Origin' (malware and ads blocking) addons to Firefox.
Keep safe!
Thanks for the suggestions, mainly I use ZAL on realtime because of keyloggers protection (sometimes I use online banking) and honestly I don't know if Emsisoft offers this specific protection.
I already use Adguard desktop but I can try uBlock Origin.:)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions, mainly I use ZAL on realtime because of keyloggers protection (sometimes I use online banking) and honestly I don't know if Emsisoft offers this specific protection.
I already use Adguard desktop but I can try uBlock Origin.:)
My bad, I overlooked Adguard while writing. That should do great.

Emsisoft AM has its own malware engine (in-house) + Bitdefender engine (top rated antivirus engine) and so it's a complete package by itself.
The behavior blocker of Emsisoft is one of its kind and very effective on top of basic signature protection.
Following safe practices, you can rest assured that you are well protected.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
My bad, I overlooked Adguard while writing. That should do great.

Emsisoft AM has its own malware engine (in-house) + Bitdefender engine (top rated antivirus engine) and so it's a complete package by itself.
The behavior blocker of Emsisoft is one of its kind and very effective on top of basic signature protection.
Following safe practices, you can rest assured that you are well protected.
Yes, I'm an old Emsisoft's customer, and I think that with the latest upgrades they are on top.
Only a thing, a temporary system's slowdown during the update process, but perhaps this is due to the specs of my computer, not very a level one machine :D

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Excellent configuration.

Perhaps you could do without Zemana Anti-Logger Premium. I feel it's a bit overkill with Emsisoft Anti-Malware. (though if you paid for it and you are happy to use it, then no problem)

Make sure you have a backup image of a known safe state of your system, so you can use it to restore your system to that exact state, in case of a software malfunction or a malware infection.

Other than that, you should be good to go.

Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Excellent configuration.

Perhaps you could do without Zemana Anti-Logger Premium. I feel it's a bit overkill with Emsisoft Anti-Malware. (though if you paid for it and you are happy to use it, then no problem)

Make sure you have a backup image of a known safe state of your system, so you can use it to restore your system to that exact state, in case of a software malfunction or a malware infection.

Other than that, you should be good to go.

Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p
Thanks, I've a ZAL lifetime license as a beta tester and I'm good with it but some false positives through real-time protection.
Yes, I have some updated system images stored on external support.
I've a lot of work documents on my PC, but I always save a copy of them on the external HDD.
Possibly, a ransomware might encrypt my files, but in about 20 minutes I get a fresh installation from the backup system image with all my files.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.