Basic Security Winter Soldier's Config.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Unfortunately i can't confirm this as i don't use Firefox. I don't particularly like the company that develops part of it (i am biased), which is not Mozilla. I know it's stupid thinking, but...
I understand you, at this point I use Edge waiting for good news.
Edge should be more secure thanks to the built-in sandbox if I am not wrong.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Removed: Firefox
Added: Chrome

Reason: Adguard was causing security certificate problems opening Google.com and other sites, on Firefox, I was able to resolve unflagging the relative Adguard box, but seeing Chrome works perfectly I preferred it.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
To be honest I think SecureAPlus has a bit better protection IMO. Other than the initial scan of the system, it's a pretty light software. :)
I agree, maybe I will reinstall SAP in the next days because I have two years license.
I do not want to use overkill in my config and in the meantime I'm testing Hemidal Pro.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Added: Glasswire free (testing)
Removed: Hemidal Pro

Reason: I'm testing Glasswire and it seems Hemidal Pro is causing conflict with Glasswire probably driver or DNS side.
The fact is that after every system reboot , Glasswire create a dump file on the desktop.
By uninstalling Hemidal, problem solved.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Removed: Emsisoft AM (license expired)
Added: SecureAPlus 4.60 Premium (+WD)

Edit: Windows Defender PUA protection enabled via registry hack
Did you install the SAP via a giveaway (of version 4.5.2) and then upgraded to 4.6.0?
If so, I need to know if installing directly/upgrading to 4.6.0 will keep the license valid or not.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.