Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
no he shouldn't
its enough for most users.
no windows 7 available for sale
win 8, well better stay xp much better for old pc and more stable
Your post is wrong like you saying "You can run combofix without instructed by a professional"
/Wrong
/Facepalm x2

No windows 7 for sale?!!?!?
Again wrong : I can buy one at the store.

/Where have I been all of this time?
Windows XP isn't enough for most users unless you want to have a computer that is vulnerable

@WinXPert Linux is the best option over windows xp.

Didn't think while writing this.

/WriteWhileNotThinking.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Your post is wrong like you saying "You can run combofix without instructed by a professional"
/Wrong
/Facepalm x2

No windows 7 for sale?!!?!?
Again wrong : I can buy one at the store.

/Where have I been all of this time?
Windows XP isn't enough for most users unless you want to have a computer that is vulnerable

@WinXPert Linux is the best option over windows xp.

Didn't think while writing this.

/WriteWhileNotThinking.
so what r u doing with xp go buy one, you maybe able to run it on less than 1 gig. i dont know though if the pc worth it.

Reactions: Logethica

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
That didn't make no sense what so ever.... I've read it about 10 times I don't understand.
to upgrade your software worth nothing on an old pc you wont gain anything from it
and yes xp is enough for most people, internet news photos, what will those people gain from 7, much more ram use and much more space on hard drive, and if u have an old pc it matter

as for linux, i always said its only a mater of time until it will bite MS very hard. MS shouldn't stop support on popular xp, for one resume only, those people will look for alternative and once they get use to the idea of using linux ms will lose a lot of customer

as for combofix, dont be afraid to run as i said its safer then many other

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
What you gain from upgrading to windows 7
  • Updates
  • Easier to Use
  • More RAM
  • Better Processors/ect
  • Gaming
  • More useful

As for this combofix thing I'm going to say this straight up about it : You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't know why someone would be stupid enough to run it when it could possibly damage the OS even more... I think I'm going to contact sUBs and ask if I can run it without instructions.
H0xBgv6.png

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
What you gain from upgrading to windows 7
  • Updates
  • Easier to Use
  • More RAM
  • Better Processors/ect
  • Gaming
  • More useful

As for this combofix thing I'm going to say this straight up about it : You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't know why someone would be stupid enough to run it when it could possibly damage the OS even more... I think I'm going to contact sUBs and ask if I can run it without instructions.
H0xBgv6.png
coz when u run combofix your OS is already damaged and need to be fixed
why it is safe
before running it will create restore point using system restore
and another registry backup using ERUNT
thats to backups, how many programs doing this before even running?

you do what you want im telling you from alot of expiriance, i never ever had prob after running

as for win 7
I have 2 laptop http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/dell-inspiron-6000-review-pics-specs-2/
2 gig of ram instal 1.7 pentium m
so r u telling me it worth buying win 7 for this hardware? probably to buy the OS will cost more than the pc

u have to think out of the box, not everyone has the same need or the same hardware that will be worth paying money. unless you cracking the os.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
well better stay xp much better for old pc and more stable

You're having a laugh right, if he can upgrade then he can benefit from an updated and secure operating environment. If not, then I'm sure there are Linux distro's available for Low-end PCs. I recommend a minimum of 4GB of RAM if you wish to use Windows 8.1 without any issues, always better to run a spec. above the minimum requirements.

Windows XP SP3 no longer receives Security Updates from Microsoft, it's a vulnerable and old OS. Same applies to older mobile operating systems, they get replaced.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
coz when u run combofix your OS is already damaged and need to be fixed
why it is safe
before running it will create restore point using system restore
and another registry backup using ERUNT
thats to backups, how many programs doing this before even running?

you do what you want im telling you from alot of expiriance, i never ever had prob after running

as for win 7
I have 2 laptop http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/dell-inspiron-6000-review-pics-specs-2/
2 gig of ram instal 1.7 pentium m
so r u telling me it worth buying win 7 for this hardware? probably to buy the OS will cost more than the pc

u have to think out of the box, not everyone has the same need or the same hardware that will be worth paying money. unless you cracking the os.
1. What if combofix messes up OS & you tried system restore that failed to work?
2. What if the computer wont boot?

What exactly would you do then? (as a normal user)

There is alot of safer alternatives to combofix that doesn't harm the os.

I have no idea if it is worth buying for the hardware, I only have 3 laptops and 3 desktops.

I don't game much, but if you game then it is worth buying for the hardware?

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
You're having a laugh right, if he can upgrade then he can benefit from an updated and secure operating environment. If not, then I'm sure there are Linux distro's available for Low-end PCs. I recommend a minimum of 4GB of RAM if you wish to use Windows 8.1 without any issues, always better to run a spec. above the minimum requirements.

Windows XP SP3 no longer receives Security Updates from Microsoft, it's a vulnerable and old OS. Same applies to older mobile operating systems, they get replaced.
but he has only 900 mb of ram, so you go into his pocket and telling him to buy ram and OS without knowing if he can afford it or want it.
with 900 mb of ram he cant upgrade to seven.
so just tell him to buy a new pc and you're done

these suggestions are good if you people sitting on the side and throwing things without even thinking but for him it just might be diffrent, so everyone with xp just replace the pc, it's cheaper then upgrading

M

MalwareT

but he has only 900 mb of ram, so you go into his pocket and telling him to buy ram and OS without knowing if he can afford it or want it.
with 900 mb of ram he cant upgrade to seven.
so just tell him to buy a new pc and you're done

these suggestions are good if you people sitting on the side and throwing things without even thinking but for him it just might be diffrent, so everyone with xp just replace the pc, it's cheaper then upgrading

Ubuntu and Mint works on that amount of memory. I have Ubuntu 14.04 on 768 MB RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.