harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
WiseVector 2 StopX - July 2019 Report
Due to the small number of samples used in this tests, you should take results with a grain of salt. We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
__

C: Clean / P: Protected / P - NC: Protected - Not Clean / I: Infected / E: Encrypted

* Dynamic BB Bonus Test (Protection disabled)
* Partially Blocked
* BSR: Before System Reboot
* ASR: After System Reboot

July
Samples
Pack
Static
Detection
Dynamic
Detection
Total
Detection
Bait Files
Encrypted
2nd Opinion
Scanners
System
Final Status
Thread
Link
01/07/2019​
17​
12 / 17​
5 / 5​
17 / 17​
No​
C
P
02/07/2019​
16​
12 / 16​
3 + 1* / 4​
15 + 1* / 16​
No​
C
BSR: I
ASR: P - NC
04/07/2019​
15​
11 / 15​
1 + 1* / 3​
11 + 1* / 15​
No​
C
BSR: I
ASR: P

* Some malware quick tests results with previous malware packs from June can be found here (check following posts):

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi guys, I guess this is my last malware posting for now until September, as every summer season, now I will get a break.

Still will be active everyday on the forum, but with my old laptop I can't perform malware testing (does not support hardware virtualization + slow rural INet connection) though I could use Shadow Defender, in this laptop I will have some sensible data, so I don't want take the risk :)

I will back in September with my malware testing, of course accepting suggestions and will test also the new KTS2020 when officially released :)

Sorry for the inconveniences! :giggle:

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi guys, I guess this is my last malware posting for now until September, as every summer season, now I will get a break.

Still will be active everyday on the forum, but with my old laptop I can't perform malware testing (does not support hardware virtualization + slow rural INet connection) though I could use Shadow Defender, in this laptop I will have some sensible data, so I don't want take the risk :)

I will back in September with my malware testing, of course accepting suggestions and will test also the new KTS2020 when officially released :)

Have a great summer! (y)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Enjoy your vacation :giggle:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

Enjoy the break. Summer is my favorite time of year.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Thanks for all of your testing. Enjoy!

Jun 26, 2019
but with my old laptop I can't perform malware testing (does not support hardware virtualization + slow rural INet connection)
AMD are dropping the new Ryzen series soon and it will be relatively cheap for really good CPUs. I recommend at-least a six core one. It will be perfect for your VMs.

Accompany it with 16GB DDR4 3200mhz memory and a Samsung EVO SSD and you're in for business.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.