Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Yea well Developer did not said that like "try changing x settings and let us know if the issue still persists or it got fixed" if this was the case sure, we knew they are actually trying to see what's the problem.
but developer said if you are having high cpu usage, turn off x settings
which means developer already know what's the problem and where it's coming from.
2 different things
My bad. It's better to say "If the high CPU usage occur in most of the time, please try to disable "Scan on file creation" in the Real-time Protection. If the issue still persist, please let me know".

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
No popups & yes I thought of that (that I should have separated test of whether reboot and/or disabling WVSX resolved issue) just as I hit reboot button :)

To be honest I'm not interested in using an AV that allows its protection to be disabled (and fails to notify user) if an update fails anyway... irrespective of whether another program was involved or not so Defender has been disabled on my PC. Unfortunately WVSX doesn't register itself in windows security nor does it work with Avast fully activated (which I'm using again) so I've had to just retain WVSX just as a secondary scanner for now.
Sorry for WVSX doesn't register itself in Windows security center at present. Please feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Another question enable wmi firewall ,can this be unchecked if we are not using windows firewall with wisevector firewall?THks
WMI firewall is used to improve the detection of WMI based attack. Other firewall checkbox is working for the network protection. So it's recommended to keep the WMI firewall.

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
I have installed v 3.05 on a different desktop pc running windows 11. It had comodo firewall, acronis backup. On this pc I still have that restart bug that my other pc has. I wonder if people are actually running this on a real windows 11 pc.

Aug 15, 2020
For me, this isn't registering itself on Windows Security Center, so that I'm getting notification that No Virus Protection was found and have to keep manually disabling Windows Defender on every computer restart (I don't like to disable it via registry or GPO). This would be on my Windows 11 PC by the way!

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
For me, this isn't registering itself on Windows Security Center, so that I'm getting notification that No Virus Protection was found and have to keep manually disabling Windows Defender on every computer restart (I don't like to disable it via registry or GPO). This would be on my Windows 11 PC by the way!

Use this tool to permanently disable it

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi just disable WD altogether.I am running Wisevector on Win11 ,no notifications.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I have installed v 3.05 on a different desktop pc running windows 11. It had comodo firewall, acronis backup. On this pc I still have that restart bug that my other pc has. I wonder if people are actually running this on a real windows 11 pc.
We didn't reproduce the issue. Sorry I can't help you at present.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Do You have that ASLR (disabled by default) -> Enabled? Try disabling it:

1649178517676.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hello Wisevector,
I have a problem that I accidentally selected "Block + Remember -> OK" when WV's HIPS showed up. I was unable to revert this because I couldn't find any option in the settings
It happened when my browser tried to read its own username and password file. The browser showed errors all the time until I uninstalled and reinstalled WV

here is the screenshot. Sorry, I was in rush and this is not my PC
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
hello Wisevector,
I have a problem that I accidentally selected "Block + Remember -> OK" when WV's HIPS showed up. I was unable to revert this because I couldn't find any option in the settings
It happened when my browser tried to read its own username and password file. The browser showed errors all the time until I uninstalled and reinstalled WV

here is the screenshot. Sorry, I was in rush and this is not my PC
View attachment 265549
Hello,

Please click the "Rules" and find the one showing block the browser. You can delete the rule or click "edit"-> Action ->change Block into Allow.
We will analyze the CocCoc browser and whitelist it once we confirm it's clean.
捕获.JPG
捕获121.JPG

Last edited:

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Hi!!

I found an issue with "deception-based ransomware detection". WiseVector only includes admin folders for testing it. Personally I have an admin account which I never use, since for upgraded security I use always a non-admin account, while the admin one is only intended for me knowing when something really requires UAC forcing me to introduce password.

So well, I decided to copy those test folders to my own documents folder to manually add them... Result? WiseVector triggered as ransomware behaviour!!

WV.png

About ransomware rollback, wouldn't it be possible to incude every extension?

Regarding performance/detection, I guess machine learning setting is pretty much same as HIPS and firewall level? If they are same category, right now they look to be different.

Also, regarding pop-ups I have 2 suggestions: first, when you create a rule if it is for a program or/and target and there is a 2nd/3rd popup with those same things, and you click on remember rule, they shouldn't appear since you already "fixed" it with the created rule.

Also, a "close-all" notifications button would be nice to have. For example, when I install programs and they try to connect to Internet, I don't like it to connect bcs I know it is an offline installer, so the easiest option is to ignore popups so it blocks them, but then I want to close them all. A similar approach would be to have something like "block for 10 minutes".

Thank you and see you!!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.