Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hi @WiseVector,

I'm still working a lot on WV Firewall, testing and learning how different network rules behave.

Please, I have a question: Is it possible to allow specific process for specific apps or programs? For example SVCHOSTS.EXE, is it possible to allow svchosts only for Windows Update, DNS, Time, Firefox etc? Please how can I do that? Is it possible to be done in one rule, or do I need separated rules for each svchost+program?

Thank you

PS1: After weeks creating/deleting tons of rules, I found bugs, most of them are kind of small and irrelevant bugs, but few of them are freezing WV or crashing WV. I created a kind of report, which includes descriptions and images of the bugs. At the end of my tests I'll share my report with you.through PM.

PS2: Some third-party firewall software nicely separate PRIVACY firewall functions from SECURITY firewall functions. As a suggestion for the future, it'll be nice to see WV firewall:

1. As an independent module, not subordinated/not affected by other WV functions. For example, an "exclusion" should be restricted to AV functions, but not necessarily to firewall functions. This is the case of FPs, users may want to test an exclusion but without internet/network access.

2. WV firewall settings with a new option offering "Maximum Security/Privacy", where "Privacy" will block telemetry and all kind of phoning home (even the safe ones). If an user chooses this option, he can customize internet/network access by creating individual rules. This option of course is not for average users. But an user looking for privacy normally has very few programs needing internet/network access, so if the WV "Maximum Security/Privacy" option exists, then it'll take just 5 minutes to create few rules allowing access to few programs.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
I don't trust this security product , as it's origin is CHINA . CHINA = PRIVACY VIOLATIONS AND UNETHICAL DATA COLLECTION AND SHARING....
The thing is, every country collects sensitive information about their users, its like Kaspersky, if youre not an government official they are simply not interested in you, not to mention the AI of WiseVector is based locally on the system, meaning no internet connection is required for WVSX to work.

The information that an government can get from an AV company isnt anything special, they get even less than what they could get from Social Media, Search Engines, Browser developers, etc.

Last edited:

Lepefe

May 1, 2022
Hello @WiseVector ,

Just FYI, latest WiseVector StopX V3.06 is delaying startup/launching of my programs.
In some cases there is no delay at all, but in other cases the delay is around 2 seconds to 30 seconds.

This is not related to my hardware (I have an octocore processor).
Also, this is not related to wise vector settings (I used default settings).
I downgraded to V3.05 and the delay disappeared.

Hope the info will be useful to you.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
And uh..
247ed07ec6bfc3908ed4bd761c4c2a2f.png

I just came back to my computer after eating dinner only to see this and then see it go down to 30 mb after an minute, not sure what cause this.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
How does Network Intrusion Detection and Web Protection work? Because I have found Network Intrusion Detection to block malicious sites even when Web Protection is disabled, though it might just be an bug,
Sorry for the late reply.
It's not a bug. Web protection is signature based, it blocks Browser access to malicious URLs. Network Intrusion Detection is behavior based, it also detects malicious URLs.
Does or will the firewall block external network attacks such as DoS attacks and port scans?
No. Home users are not the target of external network attacks. The Enterprise users need this feature. We will design a product for them respectively.
I saw on an older comment of yours that there are plans to make Behavioral AI available only in the paid version, is it still true or is it because it will be an different componentthan WIBD?
It's not confirmed yet.
For the firewall to be registered in Security Center as an actual third party firewall?
Yes.
Creating AI model(s) for detecting phishing sites or/and Potentially Unwanted Programs?
Phishing sites is not our focus of detection. For different users, the Potentially Unwanted Programs could be totally different.
Adding password/PIN protection for the settings?
I think it's possible.
Make the Rollback feature rollback all changes done by malicious software (i.e created registry keys, start up items, scheduled tasks, system setting changes, etc), as of right now it seems to just restore encrypted files and deleting some remnant files, and ive found it to leave empty autorun items behind.
For saving resources, WVSX only restore the important personal data of users.
You can remove WVSX from running at startup by using Autoruns
You can terminate Wisevector.exe using Process Hacker, to which you can then terminate the WiseVector service (WiseVectorsvc.exe) which wont regenerate
Both of them are trusted tools.
You can disable and even delete the WiseVector Task in Task Scheduler
If it is performed by a malicious APP, WVSX will block it.

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Is it possible to allow specific process for specific apps or programs? For example SVCHOSTS.EXE, is it possible to allow svchosts only for Windows Update, DNS, Time, Firefox etc? Please how can I do that? Is it possible to be done in one rule, or do I need separated rules for each svchost+program?
Sorry for being late.
It's possible. But you need separated rules for each svchost+program, since they have different Command Line and Port.
After weeks creating/deleting tons of rules, I found bugs, most of them are kind of small and irrelevant bugs, but few of them are freezing WV or crashing WV. I created a kind of report, which includes descriptions and images of the bugs. At the end of my tests I'll share my report with you.through PM.
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to your report.:)
As an independent module, not subordinated/not affected by other WV functions. For example, an "exclusion" should be restricted to AV functions, but not necessarily to firewall functions. This is the case of FPs, users may want to test an exclusion but without internet/network access.

WV firewall settings with a new option offering "Maximum Security/Privacy", where "Privacy" will block telemetry and all kind of phoning home (even the safe ones). If an user chooses this option, he can customize internet/network access by creating individual rules. This option of course is not for average users. But an user looking for privacy normally has very few programs needing internet/network access, so if the WV "Maximum Security/Privacy" option exists, then it'll take just 5 minutes to create few rules allowing access to few programs.
Very good suggestion. I think it can help WVSX to be a more user-friendly product. I have shared it with our team.

Lepefe

May 1, 2022
Hi,
Can you please try to disable "Scan on file creation" to see whether this issue come up again or not? Thanks.

No problem with "Scan on file creation", nor with "Scan on file execution", nor with "Scan running processes". The "Enable real-time protection" option is fine, it doesn't matter if it is fully/partially enabled or disabled... the startup delay of apps and programs still is there on WiseVector StopX V3.06.

But I found the problem at "Advanced Protection Settings"... if "Enable advanced malware protection" option is checked, then the startup delay appears... and if it's unchecked, no startup delay on apps and programs.

Reactions: AtlBo

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Please, I have a question: Is it possible to allow specific process for specific apps or programs? For example SVCHOSTS.EXE, is it possible to allow svchosts only for Windows Update, DNS, Time, Firefox etc? Please how can I do that? Is it possible to be done in one rule, or do I need separated rules for each svchost+program?

It's possible. But you need separated rules for each svchost+program, since they have different Command Line and Port.

Please, can you show me how to do that? If it is not too much to ask, please can you give different examples of different svchost rules for different processes? (let's say one svchost rule for Windows Update, another one for Windows Time, another for Windows DNS, and the last example a svchost rule for Firefox or any other browser). I'm sure these examples are going to be very useful for many users, and perhaps you also can add your explanation inside the WV pdf guide/tutorial.
Thank you in advance!

amitkumargiri

Level 1
Mar 13, 2022
Several Russians collect information about me, but they are my best friends. I can say the same about Chinese too, but they are also my best and closest friends, and family. :)
Well in our local language there is a famous saying " thief and thief are cousin brothers " .... 😎😎😎😎😎😎

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
Nearly same , Chinese and Russian apps are nothing but completely spyware
how do you know that American antivirus companies are not used for espionage purposes?
i don't trust zonealarm(israel) , Norton(usa), McAfee (usa)

If the antivirus program reads the messages on your computer and looks at the internet history, it already knows everything.
Use open source software. Or try the escan (e-mail address only) antivirus program, which does not save user data in the user agreement.

amitkumargiri

Level 1
Mar 13, 2022
how do you know that American antivirus companies are not used for espionage purposes?
i don't trust zonealarm(israel) , Norton(usa), McAfee (usa)

If the antivirus program reads the messages on your computer and looks at the internet history, it already knows everything.
Use open source software. Or try the escan (e-mail address only) antivirus program, which does not save user data in the user agreement.
Bro use Linux and technically I don't use antivirus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.