Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
@Thirio has access to the PC of user @Der.Reisende? Twins or a classical case of Dr Jekyll (Der.Reisender) and Mr Hyde (Thirio) :)
Lol the only pictures I took of WiseVector were in my original post. We are not the same person :ROFLMAO: (or are we.. :unsure:).

Question for @WiseVector, is it possible to add an AI detection sensitivity slider to increase the heuristics at the risk of more false positives? Many security programs have this feature where you can set detection levels to low, medium or high. It would be a nice feature to have for post-infection situations or for folks who are overly cautious.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

2-Do you have any plan to add more features like firewall and Application control?

Please no... We don't need more bloated suites with extra things to slow things down.

Also, has anyone examined telemetry from this program or their privacy policy? I'm extremely cautious with anything Chinese based for obvious reasons, and this product is no exception to that deep caution. I assume based on Lockdown's post, this links to an intelligence agency? I haven't checked, and probably won't because I have certain limitations on what I can use/do/install even on my personal home devices anymore.

Also, it uses App_Init DLL's, and most people (me included) block or disable App_init capability. Keep in mind if you use Syshardener or OSA, I believe in the advanced options it also disables App_init so this program will not work if you have that enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Lol the only pictures I took of WiseVector were in my original post. We are not the same person :ROFLMAO: (or are we.. :unsure:).

Question for @WiseVector, is it possible to add an AI detection sensitivity slider to increase the heuristics at the risk of more false positives? Many security programs have this feature where you can set detection levels to low, medium or high. It would be a nice feature to have for post-infection situations or for folks who are overly cautious.
Hi Thirio,

We will achieve this in our next version.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,
Wendy
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Please no... We don't need more bloated suites with extra things to slow things down.

Also, has anyone examined telemetry from this program or their privacy policy? I'm extremely cautious with anything Chinese based for obvious reasons, and this product is no exception to that deep caution. I assume based on Lockdown's post, this links to an intelligence agency? I haven't checked, and probably won't because I have certain limitations on what I can use/do/install even on my personal home devices anymore.

Also, it uses App_Init DLL's, and most people (me included) block or disable App_init capability. Keep in mind if you use Syshardener or OSA, I believe in the advanced options it also disables App_init so this program will not work if you have that enabled.

Hi ForgottenSeer 58943,

I can understand your cautions and suspicion, but WiseVector is different from the ones that you thought.
WiseVector does not pry into privacy and will not upload anything from your PC, unless you upload files by yourself.
There are many software (for example, Wireshark and Process Monitor) can check what is WiseVector doing.
Wisevector will not use App_Init DLL's in the next version.

Regards,
Wendy
WiseVector

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
@WiseVector

Wendy,

First thanks for joining this forum to answer questions about Wisevector. I always find it reassuring when I understand the reason or business case why a product is free. Could you explain what Wisevector gains by providing it as a no cost (free) software solution. The free model generates no direct income in product sales, so what underying purpose is served to Wisevector that it generates income to pay for development and support costs?

regards

Kees

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Wisevector, if played right, could be a Cylance replacement for the eventuality Blackberry ruins it. That is, Cylance would not be my primary protection, but rather an effective zero-day program.

Hopefully the non-app_init version will be soon.

Trender

Level 1
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Hi ForgottenSeer 58943,

I can understand your cautions and suspicion, but WiseVector is different from the ones that you thought.
WiseVector does not pry into privacy and will not upload anything from your PC, unless you upload files by yourself.
There are many software (for example, Wireshark and Process Monitor) can check what is WiseVector doing.
Wisevector will not use App_Init DLL's in the next version.

Regards,
Wendy
WiseVector
Could we get WiseVector integrate with the Windows Defender things? I mean WD doesn't detects WiseVector and leaves WD still enabled and its kinda annoying disabling windows defender in that way cuz it keeps with the annoying red "unprotected"

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector

Wendy,

First thanks for joining this forum to answer questions about Wisevector. I always find it reassuring when I understand the reason or business case why a product is free. Could you explain what Wisevector gains by providing it as a no cost (free) software solution. The free model generates no direct income in product sales, so what underying purpose is served to Wisevector that it generates income to pay for development and support costs?

regards

Kees

Hi Kees,

You're welcome.:)
Because we want to keep the world from malware.

Haha, I‘m only joking.
Actually, We will charge our users in our advanced version in the future and the basic version will remain for free.
Hope you can keep trying WiseVector when we start to charge.:p

Advance Merry Christmas!
Wendy
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Wisevector, if played right, could be a Cylance replacement for the eventuality Blackberry ruins it. That is, Cylance would not be my primary protection, but rather an effective zero-day program.

Hopefully the non-app_init version will be soon.

Hi ForgottenSeer 58943,

WiseVector is similar in some respects to Cylance, for example, compared with traditional AV, we both are good at Zero-Day malware detection, because we both identify viruses without relying on signatures. However, we have our own characteristics.

We are quite sure that WiseVector will not be acquired by Blackberry, so it will be a good choice.:)

Advance Merry Christmas!
Wendy
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Could we get WiseVector integrate with the Windows Defender things? I mean WD doesn't detects WiseVector and leaves WD still enabled and its kinda annoying disabling windows defender in that way cuz it keeps with the annoying red "unprotected"

Hi Trender,

After WiseVector gets Microsoft Certification, WD will detect it, but we need time...
Now you can use WiseVector with WD.

Advance Merry Christmas!
Wendy
WiseVector

raveed

Level 2
Verified
Apr 24, 2016
I hope that wisevector will replace ZAM or MBAM 2.0 on real-time, which are very light, but have recently lost their effectiveness.

@WiseVector
I would like to add that the function of adding exclusions should be improved - after clicking "Add" you can not add a hidden folder - you have to enter the path manually - as in the ProgramData folder.

It's very good that when scanning, after finding a threat, you can exclude it and report FP. I see that the program detects FP in files of known programs like:
WinRar \ Zip.sfx,
WinRar \ default.sfx,
IM-Magic \ Partition Resizer \ core.api,
Wondershare\Filmora\Videoeditor.exe
PunkBuster\pbcl.dll
and several others.

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I hope that wisevector will replace ZAM or MBAM 2.0 on real-time, which are very light, but have recently lost their effectiveness.

@WiseVector
I would like to add that the function of adding exclusions should be improved - after clicking "Add" you can not add a hidden folder - you have to enter the path manually - as in the ProgramData folder.

It's very good that when scanning, after finding a threat, you can exclude it and report FP. I see that the program detects FP in files of known programs like:
WinRar \ Zip.sfx,
WinRar \ default.sfx,
IM-Magic \ Partition Resizer \ core.api,
Wondershare\Filmora\Videoeditor.exe
PunkBuster\pbcl.dll
and several others.

Hi raveed,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.
We will improve the function you mentioned and achieve it in the next version.
Sorry for the inconvenience of FP and we are doing our best to reduce this.
Please upload the files directly by WiseVector when you find FP, we will fix it very fast.

Regrads,
Wendy
WiseVector

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.