cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Just installed version 3.05 from the link that Petrovic kindly provided (thanks!). When the installer is run a question is asked if the previous version should be overwritten, followed by a reboot request upon completion. Personally (for no specific reason in this case) to uninstall 3.03 first, reboot, then install 3.05- but that's just me...

Please note that the WiseVector website still pushes out version 3.03 (and for giggles note the memory utilization diffference between WD and WVSX).

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
WiseVector StopX V3.05 was released!

Update log:
1. Added WMI firewall, which can prevent malware attacks (execution, persistence, exfiltration, etc.) by using WMI (Only supports Windows 8 and above).
2. Improved self-protection against malicious programs that use various techniques to stop WiseVector StopX.
3. Improved the protection against data stealer trojans. Added multi-step behavior detection model to detect Discord Token stealer.
4. Detected malware which modify system VBR, disk partition tables.
5. Improved the protection of SAM database, which can prevent attacks such as adding a user to Windows or changing user passwords.
6. Detected malware which dump Windows passwords by installing Security Support Provider (SSP).
7. When HIPS prompts for driver loading, it will show the real program that loads the driver.
8. HIPS will prompt user if Chrome tries to load a suspicious extension.
9. Added multiple new events in HIPS rules.
10. Fixed other bugs.

Please download via: https://update2.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX_V305.exe
Autoupdate is not available now, you can uninstall the old version and install V3.05 or overwrite.

Thanks for using WiseVector StopX!;)

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Update log:
1. Added WMI firewall, which can prevent malware attacks (execution, persistence, exfiltration, etc.) by using WMI (Only supports Windows 8 and above).
2. Improved self-protection against malicious programs that use various techniques to stop WiseVector StopX.
3. Improved the protection against data stealer trojans. Added multi-step behavior detection model to detect Discord Token stealer.
4. Detected malware which modify system VBR, disk partition tables.
5. Improved the protection of SAM database, which can prevent attacks such as adding a user to Windows or changing user passwords.
6. Detected malware which dump Windows passwords by installing Security Support Provider (SSP).
7. When HIPS prompts for driver loading, it will show the real program that loads the driver.
8. HIPS will prompt user if Chrome tries to load a suspicious extension.
9. Added multiple new events in HIPS rules.
10. Fixed other bugs.

Autoupdate is not available now, you can uninstall the old version and install V3.05 or overwrite.

Yeah :cool:

Have the restart problems that some people have encountered been fixed ?

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

Thank you very much @WiseVector!

I use WV since its first versions, and its development over time is fantastic. In the beginning I felt the need to install other AVs, but the other AVs never detected or prevented problems that WV had not solved before.

Today I have no more other AV. I only keep the unbeatable WV + CF@Cruelsister combo. But considering that CF hasn't had any updates for a long time, and it's not adapted for Windows 11... for the first time I'm seriously thinking of keeping just WV.

It's a pity that in Windows 11 the Windows Defender cannot be 100% disabled. Even with Windows Defender inactive on my Windows 11, the parts that cannot be disabled consume 700% more resources than WV fully enabled and activated.

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

....and for giggles note the memory utilization diffference between WD and WVSX.

Dear mrs/miss cruelSister, I value your forum contributions, very much, but today is 19 feb 2022. I am typing this from a sub 600 euro laptop with 16GB RAM, so (to quote a classic movie from 1939), frankly my dear ...

Long ago I had to write (assembler) programs smaller than 16kb. I am on a journey (as pre-pensionado) from C to Python to Javascript, PHP and finally C++ (having finished C, now playing with Python). I started with C because it is more like the procedural languages i know (Cobol, Fortran, PL1) . I know I lack some knowledge about modern programming (still need to close a programming evolution time lap of over 30 years), I am asking you: when it is not a garbage collection/memory leak problem, why care about memory usage?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thank you very much @WiseVector!

I use WV since its first versions, and its development over time is fantastic. In the beginning I felt the need to install other AVs, but the other AVs never detected or prevented problems that WV had not solved before.

Today I have no more other AV. I only keep the unbeatable WV + CF@Cruelsister combo. But considering that CF hasn't had any updates for a long time, and it's not adapted for Windows 11... for the first time I'm seriously thinking of keeping just WV.

It's a pity that in Windows 11 the Windows Defender cannot be 100% disabled. Even with Windows Defender inactive on my Windows 11, the parts that cannot be disabled consume 700% more resources than WV fully enabled and activated.
Lets just hope that the registration into Windows Security comes soon. :)

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
I have uninstalled WV on my main machine for now until the restart issue is fixed. I do have it on my win10 laptop and it seems to run kind of okay. There needs to be an ignore setting for large files. I seen the scan never finish because it is trying to scan a giant zip file or ISO file and it slows down the laptop heavily when scanning it.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I have uninstalled WV on my main machine for now until the restart issue is fixed. I do have it on my win10 laptop and it seems to run kind of okay. There needs to be an ignore setting for large files. I seen the scan never finish because it is trying to scan a giant zip file or ISO file and it slows down the laptop heavily when scanning it.
Thanks for your feedback. We are doing our best to find out the reason for the restart issue. I think there is a potential conflict between WVSX and another APP, but we don't know what the APP chould be. After testing Brave, I will get back to you.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.