Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

lostprophet.hu

Sep 3, 2015
Two small annoyances:
1. If I scan a password protected archive (right click -> Scan with WiseVector), WiseVector tells me it didn't find any malware in the archive.
It should say something like "The archive is password protected and cannot be scanned without extracting it."
2. If WiseVector finds a malware during a full scan, and I click on "Exclude" (during the scan), when the scan finishes, the "Resolve" button doesn't do anything (doesn't close the window or anything). I can click on it 1000x.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hello,

First of all thank you for your product!

I've got some feedback:
1. I believe notifications UI need a rework. They're way too big when there's a lot of whitespace that can be properly used.
2. 'Target' host/IP should be clickable - it shows as a 'link' but clicking does nothing.
3. Allow the user to copy information from there. (e.g.: IP)
4. Dropdown/Combobox menus don't work unless you click on the 'arrow' - for convivence I believe it should work if you click anywhere on it (i.e.: in the middle).

1991111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Two small annoyances:
1. If I scan a password protected archive (right click -> Scan with WiseVector), WiseVector tells me it didn't find any malware in the archive.
It should say something like "The archive is password protected and cannot be scanned without extracting it."
2. If WiseVector finds a malware during a full scan, and I click on "Exclude" (during the scan), when the scan finishes, the "Resolve" button doesn't do anything (doesn't close the window or anything). I can click on it 1000x.
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
1) Zipped and password protected file can't run directly. For saving resources, WVSX doesn't detect it. After being extracted, if the file is malicious, WVSX will detect it.
2) Yes, you are right. We will get the UI improved. For now, please click on the Cross button after choosing Exclude.

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,

First of all thank you for your product!

I've got some feedback:
1. I believe notifications UI need a rework. They're way too big when there's a lot of whitespace that can be properly used.
2. 'Target' host/IP should be clickable - it shows as a 'link' but clicking does nothing.
3. Allow the user to copy information from there. (e.g.: IP)
4. Dropdown/Combobox menus don't work unless you click on the 'arrow' - for convivence I believe it should work if you click anywhere on it (i.e.: in the middle).

View attachment 264011
Hi,
Thanks for trying WVSX.
Your feedback is forwarded to our UI designer. I also hope WVSX can be more convenient for all users.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I have suggestion for WVstopx, add check connection to our server function in settings because it seems hard to know if there is something blocking(firewall) wv usage, for example updating signatures/wv version. i dont know if it is needed but i would like it
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion.
There is one way to know whether WVSX gets update successfully or not. Please note the time of Last Update. If no update for several hours, there maybe something wrong. You can also try to ping the IP Address: cloud1.wisevector.com or cloud2.wisevector.com or cloud3.wisevector.com to check the connection.
捕6.JPG

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion.
There is one way to know whether WVSX gets update successfully or not. Please note the time of Last Update. If no update for several hours, there maybe something wrong. You can also try to ping the IP Address: cloud1.wisevector.com or cloud2.wisevector.com or cloud3.wisevector.com to check the connection.
View attachment 264057
Thank you very much! i highly respect your work and help :)

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
We have tested, but unfortunately never reproduce the issue.
I think there might be a potential conflict between WVSX and another software on your OS.
Can you please disable the Advanced Malware Protection of WVSX and try to reboot the PC?
Thanks.
No change.

Reactions: [correlate]

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
When I exit wisevector while the computer has been running a long time and then I tried to reboot it still hung. When I exited wisevector as soon as the computer comes on online and then reboot after 30 minutes it reboots fine. I am not using a PC Optimizer Software.
Thanks for your reply.
Can the PC reboot successfully if WVSX has been running 30 minutes when your computer is not connected to the Internet?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.