Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
WiseVector never asked these questions. I cannot understand why you said so?

One of your biggest competitors who are situated in China are making WiseVector look like a children's toy... I'll let you figure it out.
According to your post, I guess you talked about QH, right? Yes, it's super well-know, the CEO of QH is called the Father of Rogue Software in China....... . In this factor, of course WiseVector look like a children's toy. If you didn't mean QH, please let me know. At present, compared with WiseVector, QH is doing better in HIPS, but how to evaluate a security product, I think there are multiple standars.

In China, we have a forum called Kafan which is very popular in security enthusiasts. Just like in MalwareTips, people discuss and test many security products, WiseVector always perform well in these tests. Although Kafan is not as authoritative as VB100 and AVC, and it only tests AV with PE files. But at least it means something.
You can check the tests in the following links. "智量” ( I'm not sure what will show on your PC) is the Chinese name of WiseVector.

页面重载开启

https://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-2135283-1-1.html

Regards,
Eason

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @Windows_Security,

First of all, thanks for your tip. It's really helpful.
AI scanning will not be affected by unhooking, but Behavior Detection will be affected.
We do have "user land unhooking" protection on our development calendar.
WiseVector is so new and I think the competitors wouldn't come so early.:unsure:

"Has WiseVecto protection mechanisms against software trying to unhook the userland hooks (making it blind for AI-learning and effectively paralyzing WiseVector defenses)?"

If a software is trying to unhook the userland hooks, it means the software is running which has escaped from scanning already.
WiseVector is focused on prevention in the first step and its HIPS will have great change in the next version. Please wait and see.:oops:

Regards,
Eason

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector: is "Upload file" option working fine in "WV 1.31"? I sent the sample file Scorpion 3.1 We has been testing this weekend at the MWHub of this forum 2 days ago, and still is not detected bu WV :unsure::unsure:

Hi @harlan4096,

Usually, when the file is successfully uploaded, it will be checked soon and the related problem will be solved in a few hours.
Can you open https://www.wisevector.com/ smoothly?
I guess the sample file is too large to upload. Please compress it with password "infected" and send it to virus@wisevector.com.

Thank you& Regards,
Wendy

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, I can access Your site without issues...

The Scorpion 3.1 malware sample is around 37MB, and sent via "Upload files" but I did not get any warning when finished or if failed to upload...

Just sent again via email with "infected" password.

Thanks!

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Yes, I can access Your site without issues...

The Scorpion 3.1 malware sample is around 37MB, and sent via "Upload files" but I did not get any warning when finished or if failed to upload...

Just sent again via email with "infected" password.

Thanks!

Received. Thank you so much.
When the sample is over 20MB, it cannot be uploaded successfully.
We will make sure "Upload file" option works fine in the next version.

Regards,
Wendy

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Available for WiseVector? Definitely not. It doesn't interest me and for me it would be like taking a thousand steps backwards when my focus is on progressing forwards. Besides, me helping you would end up with me running things over there, with you nodding to my orders whilst mopping the floor and fetching me my coffee.

I'll give you a head start: there's a 99.9% chance that WiseVector will go into sleep paralysis at the first sight of manual system calls.
Hi Deadlock,

I think every coin has two sides.
Anyway, we have "user land unhooking" protection on our development calendar.
Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Wendy

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Received. Thank you so much.
When the sample is over 20MB, it cannot be uploaded successfully.
We will make sure "Upload file" option works fine in the next version.

Regards,
Wendy
Thanks!

1547548754438.png

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi@harlan4096,

Yes, the new version 1.32 just has been released, adding XML OFFICE documents detection and other updates.
Meanwhile, the version 2.0 with major updates is under active development which will be released after a few months.

Regards,
Wendy

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
北京智量科技有限公司 is not compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which was activated in May, 2018.

Being based in China (Beijing) does not automatically exempt you from having to be compliant with GDPR, because the services are also being offered to those who are situated in the EU.

You can learn more about GDPR here:
EUGDPR – Information Portal

This is a warning notice and if it isn't taken on board, you may leave me no option other than to go through official procedures to complain.

Reactions: Jack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.