Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Available for WiseVector? Definitely not. It doesn't interest me and for me it would be like taking a thousand steps backwards when my focus is on progressing forwards. Besides, me helping you would end up with me running things over there, with you nodding to my orders whilst mopping the floor and fetching me my coffee.

I'll give you a head start: there's a 99.9% chance that WiseVector will go into sleep paralysis at the first sight of manual system calls.
At least be a little more positive instead of completely shutting down any help towards WV. They still have a fairly new product, nothing is 100% perfect and this forum can help them achieve better releases with user inputted suggestions which is why they are on this forum, not just to help out people as well.

The reply seems divisive, negative & completely condescending. Let's see how far this product goes.

~LDogg

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm sure there are MANY applications We use everyday that are not compliant with GDPR (and probably never will be)... I can live with it, We should not fall in this kind of drama...

Update: and I'm not talking about cracks or something similar, but legitimate ones...

Last edited:

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
北京智量科技有限公司 is not compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which was activated in May, 2018.

Being based in China (Beijing) does not automatically exempt you from having to be compliant with GDPR, because the services are also being offered to those who are situated in the EU.

You can learn more about GDPR here:
EUGDPR – Information Portal

This is a warning notice and if it isn't taken on board, you may leave me no option other than to go through official procedures to complain.

They shouldn’t be selling to EU citizens then, the law is not optional l/nice to have

Reactions: oldschool

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
They shouldn’t be selling to EU citizens then, the law is not optional l/nice to have
Hi notabot,

WiseVector has no marketing activities in EU at present. People just can download WV through the official website if they want and the website is only in Chinese right now.
WV has English version, because we got an email to be informed that a few people at MalwareTips were starting to test WV and it looked really bad when they installed the Chinese version. In order to make our users feel better, the English version is released.
GDPR is a good thing to protect people's privacy and WV doesn't collect anything from users computer unless the users choose to do so by themselves.

Regards,
Wendy

北京智量科技有限公司 is not compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which was activated in May, 2018.

Being based in China (Beijing) does not automatically exempt you from having to be compliant with GDPR, because the services are also being offered to those who are situated in the EU.

You can learn more about GDPR here:
EUGDPR – Information Portal

This is a warning notice and if it isn't taken on board, you may leave me no option other than to go through official procedures to complain.

Hi In2an3_PpG,

Thank you for telling us there is GDPR in the EU and it's the first time I know about it.
GDPR is good, trying to protect people's privacy at utmost. WiseVector is a start-up company and hope it can be compliant with GDPR in the future.
WiseVector doesn't collect anything from users computer unless users choose to do so. A company is not on the list of GDPR doesn't mean that it is doing something against the regulation.
I don't understand why you acted aggressively in your previous posts and this one seems like a threat.
WiseVector is open minded, getting suggestions from MalwareTips and respecting everyone with different opinions. I believe it can be better and better.

Regards,
Wendy

Last edited:

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Hi notabot,

WiseVector has no marketing activities in EU at present. People just can download WV through the official website if they want and the website is only in Chinese right now.
WV has English version, because we got an email to be informed that a few people at MalwareTips were starting to test WV and it looked really bad when they installed the Chinese version. In order to make our users feel better, the English version is released.
GDPR is a good thing to protect people's privacy and WV doesn't collect anything from users computer unless the users choose to do so by themselves.

Regards,
Wendy

Hi Wendy, I take your response at face value and believe your response is in good faith.

Not marketing is not sufficient nor is the optional opt-in. All personal data (incl hashes of personal data) , when the user requests it, needs to be purged, also (before a potential deletion) you need to be able to provide to the user all the data you have on them.

Also encrypting or blinding the data is not sufficient, purge is purge, gone from everywhere it went to, incl backups .

As you’re a startup I take your response in good faith but for your own sake prioritize gdpr compliance , no matter where you market, no matter where your legal entity is based, no matter the language of the product, no matter if there is an opt in or a disclaimer, if you breach GDPR and can’t meet the above for any eu citizen even if your program is called “dontinstallifintheeu”, you’re on the wrong side of the law.

Reactions: oldschool

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi@notabot,

Thanks for your reply which helps me have a better understanding of GDPR now.
Yes, it's best to be compliant with GDPR. We will check the details of GDPR and do something.

Regards,
Wendy

Hi@Lobito Punky,

Yes, we will integrate WiseVector to the windows security center.

Regards,
Wendy

Hi@ZeroDay,

WV can work alongside other AV's including WD.

Regards,
Wendy

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Hi@Lobito Punky,

Yes, we will integrate WiseVector to the windows security center.

Regards,
Wendy

How will this work without dropping WD ?

Hi@notabot,

Thanks for your reply which helps me have a better understanding of GDPR now.
Yes, it's best to be compliant with GDPR. We will check the details of GDPR and do something.

Regards,
Wendy

Thanks - it’s the only good law the EU has ever made, it’s worth complying with it! Personally I’m a big fan of the law, it makes the users the owners of their data

Reactions: oldschool and voyes

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
It won't install for me. Have you got a direct link to the latest installer please? I'm not sure why it won't install but if I can get the latest installer I will work it out. Thanks again WV looks very good.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.