Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
@WiseVector

It does not matter whether a user voluntary agrees you use his/hers data. When that user is from an EU-country, you have to comply with GDPR (and also ePrivacy law). It also does not matter whether your company resides outside the EU. Fines are 4% of your turnover or 20 million euro, whatever is the highest.

At the moment there are still a lot of (smaller) EU-based companies not compliant with this EU-rule. When it was introduced, the " reasonable effort" clause was criticized a lot by large companies, because it left room for interpretation. EU will first haunt large companies like Google and Facebook. So while the EU is still in the process of forcing large companies to comply with GDPR (and ePrivacy), keep thanking people for the information, stating you are small company taking every effort to comply with international law.

Regards Kees

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@WiseVector

It does not matter whether a user voluntary agrees you use his/hers data. When that user is from an EU-country, you have to comply with GDPR (and also ePrivacy law). It also does not matter whether your company resides outside the EU. Fines are 4% of your turnover or 20 million euro, whatever is the highest.

At the moment there are still a lot of (smaller) EU-based companies not compliant with this EU-rule. When it was introduced, the " reasonable effort" clause was criticized a lot by large companies, because it left room for interpretation. EU will first haunt large companies like Google and Facebook. So while the EU is still in the process of forcing large companies to comply with GDPR (and ePrivacy), keep thanking people for the information, stating you are small company taking every effort to comply with international law.

Regards Kees
And a tl;dr can be read here if the developer wants to properly operate within the EU.
Key Changes with the General Data Protection Regulation – EUGDPR

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hum... I do not see that some users put the same efforts in demanding the compliant of GDPR to others many products that are being tested in this forum... :unsure::unsure:
It's one thing to not be compliant for your personal reasons and another to think it's fine not to be because you are not based in EU.
One action can be corrected where the other can't.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Hum... I do not see that some users put the same efforts in demanding the compliant of GDPR to others many products that are being tested in this forum... :unsure::unsure:

I think it was mostly goodwill as they’re a startup, if a co with a product out there is in breach of gdpr reporting them is much worse than asking them to become compliant

Hi@LahiruTarz,

The AI runs locally in real-time.

Regards,
Wendy

WV and WD can work together smoothly at present.:D

Thanks Wendy , Have you tested it with non detection features of WD as well, like ASR ?

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi harlan4096,

I can understand why some users so care about GDPR.
First, GDPR is a really good law which can protect people's personal data. I think people feel more safe and peaceful while using a product is compliant of this law.
Second, WiseVector is from China.
I know there are some bad news about China and it's not convenient to talk about the political issue in this forum. I think these news cannot show a completely real China to the world. WiseVetor is an ordinary product ( hope it can be extraordinary one day:D) and all the people in our company are ordinary and hard working (some of them are workaholic, some of them love playing football, some of them love cycling, some of them love watching the Tour de France, some of them love YouTube, some of them love crazy shopping on ' Black Friday'...).Thanks for the Internet which can help people know more about the outside world just by staying at home.
As I posted before, we cannot choose which country we are born in, but we can choose to do something we think is correct. Hope people from all over the world can judge a thing by reason without prejudice.

Best regards,
Wendy

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I think it was mostly goodwill as they’re a startup, if a co with a product out there is in breach of gdpr reporting them is much worse than asking them to become compliant

Thanks Wendy , Have you tested it with non detection features of WD as well, like ASR ?
Yes, WV can work with WD Exploit Guard.

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Second, WiseVector is from China.
I know there are some bad news about China...

You would have the same problem if your company was Russian.

WiseVetor is an ordinary product ( hope it can be extraordinary one day:D)

I'm sure of it. The best pieces of software I've ever tried and loved were Chinese or Russian.
Obviously, in addition to Kaspersky, I remember System Safety Monitor (Russian HIPS), Online Security Solution Suite (Russian HIPS), Malware Defender (Chinese HIPS), EQSecure (Chinese HIPS), RealTime defender (Chinese HIPS) and ProSecurity (Chinese HIPS).

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016

I'm sure of it. The best pieces of software I've ever tried and loved were Chinese or Russian.
Obviously, in addition to Kaspersky, I remember System Safety Monitor (Russian HIPS), Online Security Solution Suite (Russian HIPS), Malware Defender (Chinese HIPS), EQSecure (Chinese HIPS), RealTime defender (Chinese HIPS) and ProSecurity (Chinese HIPS).
Don't forget DefenseWall and GSWall both from Russian Programmers (although GSWall moved to Luxembourg with US investors). Developer of DefenseWall (Ilya) worked some time for Avast when I remember correctly.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018

Hi erreale,

Haha, let's shake our hands.:oops:

Regards,
Wendy

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
Hi Wendy,

Some feedback, after i just give at i try. It’s no attack btw.

Scans takes long times and use a lot of cpu. I sended a false positive (checked the file for sure with Norton, Zemana and Malwarebytes and they al say clean file).

And the logo l don’t like. But that’s just taste (European and Asia...lol) it Looks more like a figure of Cartoon Network.

And it’s not feature rich, but that’s just what i like.

Succes with your product, i hope you will succeed.

Best regard,

Hans

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Wendy,

Some feedback, after i just give at i try. It’s no attack btw.

Scans takes long times and use a lot of cpu. I sended a false positive (checked the file for sure with Norton, Zemana and Malwarebytes and they al say clean file).

And the logo l don’t like. But that’s just taste (European and Asia...lol) it Looks more like a figure of Cartoon Network.

And it’s not feature rich, but that’s just what i like.

Succes with your product, i hope you will succeed.

Best regard,

Hans

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your feedback.
While scanning, AI is extracting many features, so it uses a lot of CPU and the scanning speed is not fast.
The false positive can be solved very fast and you can manually update to check the result.
We want the logo to be cute, meanwhile having a sense of modern technology, so just let it be. Maybe it will be changed in the future.;)

Regards,
Wendy

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@WiseVector could have give us more details on the Privacy subject? I've tried to go to the https://www.wisevector.com/ site however the site is down.
Now before continuing talking about the product, we think that @WiseVector should give more details about the company, product privacy policy, what telemetry data collects, and what parts of GDPR aren't implemented.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
We've splitted the topics because we've thought that it be better if @WiseVector could have given more details on the Privacy subject. I've tried to go to the https://www.wisevector.com/ site however the site is down.
Now before continuing talking about the product, we think that @WiseVector should give more details about the company, product privacy policy, what telemetry data collects, and what parts of GDPR aren't implemented.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your suggestion.
We will add the Privacy Clause on the site soon. After it's done, I will post in the forum.

Regards,
Wendy

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Don't forget DefenseWall and GSWall both from Russian Programmers (although GSWall moved to Luxembourg with US investors). Developer of DefenseWall (Ilya) worked some time for Avast when I remember correctly.
And don't forget Outpost from Russia...for many users the best firewall...and from China - Filseclab (Personal FW and Twister AV)...NetChina S3 (HIPS/FW)...Power Shadow and Virtual Protect (LV) :)

@WiseVector
I didn't find which systems are supported...could you tell us such info?

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Whilst we're on the topic of Russian and Chinese security software how is Q360 protection wise these day's? Sorry to go off-topic.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@WiseVector
I didn't find which systems are supported...could you tell us such info?
OK...Ithink I know it...I've successfuly instaled WV on Vista 32-bit so this system is supported and probably XP will be also. But I'm not sure :unsure :unsure:
Interface and design are very simple...for me are to simple...user can change skin of app but can't change settings of protection (except enable-disable). One advatage I found is possibility to make some exclusion and I understand that are exclusion from protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.