Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Quick test of WV StopX 2 against the last especial sample posted today by @Der.Reisende:

WV1.png

On Execution Behaviour Bonus Test (Resident Protection Off) -> 1 / 1:

WV2.png

Systen Clean in both cases, no encrypted files.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Is it possible to have a portable version just for second opinion scanning?

Thank you :)
Hi Evjl's Rain ,

We don't have such a plan at present. WiseVector StopX is very lightweight and you can use it in your favor.:giggle:

I've been using VoodooShield and WiseVector together for a week now. They run well together. WiseVector is a great piece of software! It does not yet register itself in windows as an antivirus so you will have to manually disable WD.
Hi outlawxtorn,

Thanks for your support.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Quick test of WV StopX 2 against the last malware pack posted today by @silversurfer:

On demand -> 20 / 24:

WV0.png

On execution -> 3 / 4:

WV1.png

WV2A.pngWV2B.pngWV2C.png

WV3.png

WV4.png

System Final Status -> Before and After System Reboot Infected: Sample bill_221588.jar set an entry in Windows AutoRuns sections and remamined running/performing outbound connections even after system reboot.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Quick test of WV StopX 2 against the last malware pack posted today by @silversurfer:

On demand -> 20 / 24:

On execution -> 3 / 4:

System Final Status -> Before and After System Reboot Infected: Sample bill_221588.jar set an entry in Windows AutoRuns sections and remamined running/performing outbound connections even after system reboot.
Hi harlan4096,

Thanks a lot for your test.
The result is unacceptable, because the missed sample is commonly seen malware belongs to Adwind family.
The result shows the weakness of WiseVector StopX to detect Jar files.
We will improve the detection in Jar files in the next version 2.08 in a few days.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Hi harlan4096,

Thanks a lot for your test.
The result is unacceptable, because the missed sample is commonly seen malware belongs to Adwind family.
The result shows the weakness of WiseVector StopX to detect Jar files.
We will improve the detection in Jar files in the next version 2.08 in a few days.

Thank you WiseVector for your honest reply without making excuses and of course thanks to harlan4096 for testing.(y)

Regards Eck:giggle:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Thank you WiseVector for your honest reply without making excuses and of course thanks to harlan4096 for testing.(y)

Regards Eck:giggle:

True Dat Eckster. We have experience with multiple vendors who are full of distortions, distractions and excuses. Taking responsibility and ownership is a great sign for WiseVector.

+1 and join Virustotal

Of course, VirusTotal is limited in the types of scans it utilizes..

Speaking of VT, I added VTChromizer to Chrome. I like it.

--Burrito
aka Friend of Arsenic

Arsenic is an essential element, necessary to our physiology. A level of 0.00001% is needed for growth and for a healthy nervous system.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hope its soon register itself as antivirus in windows. Realy want to use it with voodooshield. Seems like a perfect, light combo. The detection rate seems amazing.
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WiseVector StopX.
We would like to register StopX as an antivirus in windows soon, but it takes time actually.

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WiseVector StopX.
We would like to register StopX as an antivirus in windows soon, but it takes time actually.
Thanks for the answer. May i ask why it needs time? Im not a heavy advanced user so i realy want to understand. has it something todo with windows need to allow something like this or is the programming todo it that hard?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.