Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the answer. May i ask why it needs time? Im not a heavy advanced user so i realy want to understand. has it something todo with windows need to allow something like this or is the programming todo it that hard?
Hi,

MS demands third party anti-virus and anti-malware programs to pass some official tests first before registration.
We need organize resources and time to get ready for this.
Thanks for your understanding.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hi simmerskool ,

Yes. You can run WiseVector StopX with other security software. WiseVector StopX uses an AI-derived local detection engine. It does not need cloud.

Wow!, thanks for reply, I installed WV.. in a VM last night and did a quick test. Quick scan found 0, but that was expected. Keep up the good work.

Jun 26, 2019
Please Im waiting for windows to get registered on windows defender
They aren't going to be registered with the Windows Security Center anytime soon because you require access to the WSC APIs in order to do this and Microsoft only permit access to the documentation for those who are partnered with them. It would be unethical to use those APIs without Microsoft's consent and such behavior would likely prohibit you from ever partnering with Microsoft - Microsoft only partner with vendors who act responsibly.

You cannot just partner with Microsoft. There's eligibility requirements outlined on their website.

As it stands, I can tell you that WiseVector aren't eligible - they haven't been certified by any proper AV testing organisations for starters.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
As it stands, I can tell you that WiseVector aren't eligible - they haven't been certified by any proper AV testing organisations for starters.
You mean they haven´t paid the proper AV testing organisations to get a good rating? ;) Honestly, in the meantime I´m very sceptical about such tests.

Reactions: AtlBo and RoboMan
Jun 26, 2019
You mean they haven´t paid the proper AV testing organisations to get a good rating? ;) Honestly, in the meantime I´m very sceptical about such tests.
No, I meant exactly what I said.

The tests are not changed based on how much money you pay. If this were the case, all of the AV testing organisations wouldn't be around anymore. This is a non-proven rumor which usually is only found on forums like this one, typically spread by people when they see their favorite product fail to another. Furthermore, even if there's been a scandal with one organisation, it doesn't reflect the behavior of every single AV testing organisation.

AV testing organisations usually require payment so they can conduct their tests and/or for publishing the results publicly. This makes perfect sense because they are not charity. They need to make money so the employees can be paid... like with any other commercial business. Furthermore, I've seen VB TEST conduct tests for new start-up products (or existing ones which are lesser-known and unpopular) for free and I've also seen OPSWAT do the same thing.

WiseVector as it stands are not eligible to be a Microsoft AV partner and one of the requirements which WiseVector have definitely not satisfied would be official certification in the AV industry.

Whether you're skeptical about such tests is irrelevant and changes absolutely nothing. Microsoft want it and as of right now, WiseVector haven't provided it.

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
True Dat Eckster. We have experience with multiple vendors who are full of distortions, distractions and excuses. Taking responsibility and ownership is a great sign for WiseVector.

Of course, VirusTotal is limited in the types of scans it utilizes..

Speaking of VT, I added VTChromizer to Chrome. I like it.

--Burrito
aka Friend of Arsenic

Arsenic is an essential element, necessary to our physiology. A level of 0.00001% is needed for growth and for a healthy nervous system.

Yes my friend of Arsenic and no godawful over complicated charts and diagrams to provide smoke screen cover.

first I've heard of WiseVector. Does it run ok with other security apps? Based on file size I assume it uses a cloud?

No problems here running it with different apps and it`s pretty light as well.

Regards Eck:giggle:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Yes my friend of Arsenic...

Any Bloat in WiseVector Eck?

You know how I feel about excess unneeded disgusting BLOAT.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
have it installed too. Its not bloated. :)No cleaning trash, no nag screens, not one single extra bloat, nothing. Just protection.

Ok, thanks for the Bloat Report IThinkFreel.

But I do need to hear from The Eckster (@Behold Eck) on this. He and I go back about a decade conducting periodic High-Level Bloat Assessment Discussions (HL-BADs).

But... I must ask "I Think Freel" ---

"Freel", being a well-known sports figure who had CTE (brain damage) and committed suicide...

What are you getting at with I Think Freel?

Maybe you just misspelled 'freely.'

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
But... I must ask "I Think Freel" ---

"Freel", being a well-known sports figure who had CTE (brain damage) and committed suicide...

What are you getting at with I Think Freel?

Maybe you just misspelled 'freely.'
I do not know this sport figure. Its my old name from games so i almost use it everywhere. Its normal just ThinkFree but that was taken so i added l on the begin and the end everywhere i register. (Sorry for being off topic)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Any Bloat in WiseVector Eck?

You know how I feel about excess unneeded disgusting BLOAT.

View attachment 216288

Not yet Burrito (what`s with the disgusting ?)but I`m working on it.

How about 12 or so extras with automatic start up to help slow the boot time down a bit and help sort out that really annoying "fast boot fatigue"?

I`ll start the ball rolling .... file shredder anyone ?

have it installed too. Its not bloated. :)No cleaning trash, no nag screens, not one single extra bloat, nothing. Just protection.

I have found likewise ITFI .

So maybe WV StopX could end up a lightweight security classic much like Sandboxie, NVT etc ?

Regards Eck :giggle:

Last edited:

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
Need to give a realy bad expirience on uninstall, sadly. I was unable to uninstall, no matter what i tryed. Closed the program and than opend the uninstaller. it just hang there for unlimited time so i decided to try a uninstaller. First tryed geek uninstaller, no success, than tryed revo uninstaller, again, no success, than tryed iobit uninstaller forced uninstall, again, no success. I tryed than to delete the WiseVector folder in program86, no success. A massage pops up that some thing from this folder is still running. So i tryed to restart and tryed it again. No success, something from this folder was still running, even when nothing showed up in task manager. Ended up with a system restore point. That was a pure mess. Dont know if it was my windows or the program uninstall is heavly buged. @WiseVector Cant give you any infos alrdy on a system restore point where this was not installd. Just wanted to inform you that i was unable to uninstall this program in anyway.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Need to give a realy bad expirience on uninstall, sadly. I was unable to uninstall, no matter what i tryed. Closed the program and than opend the uninstaller. it just hang there for unlimited time so i decided to try a uninstaller. First tryed geek uninstaller, no success, than tryed revo uninstaller, again, no success, than tryed iobit uninstaller forced uninstall, again, no success. I tryed than to delete the WiseVector folder in program86, no success. A massage pops up that some thing from this folder is still running. So i tryed to restart and tryed it again. No success, something from this folder was still running, even when nothing showed up in task manager. Ended up with a system restore point. That was a pure mess. Dont know if it was my windows or the program uninstall is heavly buged. @WiseVector Cant give you any infos alrdy on a system restore point where this was not installd. Just wanted to inform you that i was unable to uninstall this program in anyway.

IIRC I used revo pro to both install and later uninstall WiseVector, and had no issues. But that was also in a VM which "removed" it anyway, but revo appeared to uninstall WV aok here, fwiw. PS I had gone into WV's settings before I uninstalled to disable real time as I wanted to test WV as a 2d opinion scanner, perhaps that's the difference??

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
IIRC I used revo pro to both install and later uninstall WiseVector, and had no issues. But that was also in a VM which "removed" it anyway, but revo appeared to uninstall WV aok here, fwiw. PS I had gone into WV's settings before I uninstalled to disable real time as I wanted to test WV as a 2d opinion scanner, perhaps that's the difference??
realy dont know. could be the reason. maybe my system is just somehow buggy and i dont even know it that could be a reason for not success uninstall. gues i will never find it out not gonna test it anytime soon again :D

Reactions: AtlBo and oldschool

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014

I hope you`ve got it sorted by now ITFI ? Was going to suggest reinstalling it and trying the inbuilt uninstaller after booting into safe mode.

I`ve had similar problems with CFW in the past.

Thanks for the heads up.(y)

Last special samples pack posted by @Der.Reisende yesterday night:

Thanks for testing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.