WV.png

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Need to give a realy bad expirience on uninstall, sadly. I was unable to uninstall, no matter what i tryed. Closed the program and than opend the uninstaller. it just hang there for unlimited time so i decided to try a uninstaller. First tryed geek uninstaller, no success, than tryed revo uninstaller, again, no success, than tryed iobit uninstaller forced uninstall, again, no success. I tryed than to delete the WiseVector folder in program86, no success. A massage pops up that some thing from this folder is still running. So i tryed to restart and tryed it again. No success, something from this folder was still running, even when nothing showed up in task manager. Ended up with a system restore point. That was a pure mess. Dont know if it was my windows or the program uninstall is heavly buged. @WiseVector Cant give you any infos alrdy on a system restore point where this was not installd. Just wanted to inform you that i was unable to uninstall this program in anyway.

Hi lThinkFreel,

So sorry for the inconvenience and I'm quite sure that this issue is not on purpose.
The StopX uninstaller was waiting for the components to stop working, after a few minutes it could work well. Hanging there is very strange and abnormal.
Please download the file via https://www.wisevector.com/WiseVectorService.zip. Unzip and then put it in the WiseVector installation folder to replace the file with the same name. If the problem persists after doing this, please let us know.

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
This does seem impressive to be honest. Looking forward for the jar detection improvement! You can check OSArmor by NoVirusThanks and the rules they apply to their litte software, that could give you an idea on how to prevent java maware, for sure. Are you planning on implementing any type of Application Control module? Thanks.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello everybody,

WiseVector StopX 2.08 is released, please download via https://www.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX.exe
If you want to use 2.08 right now, please uninstall the old version first.
If you want to update online, please wait a couple of days.

Features of WiseVector 2.08:

1.Improved detection in UAC bypass attacks.
2.Behavior detection can now parse complex command lines written to the registry. Improved the ability to detect stealth malware.
3.Fixed a bug in process chain analysis. Improved the ability to remove malware leftover parts.
4.Improved Ransomware detection.
5.Improved defense against the AdWind family. In these days, we have tested hundreds of samples belong to Adwind family and the result is satisfied.(@harlan4096, highly appreciate your testing to help StopX to improve).
6.Redesigned quarantine, trust zone and log. Now they are clearer and easier to view.
7.Fixed other bugs.

Please don't hesitate to contact us when you have any question.

Best regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector Hello, are these false positives? Attached are links to VT. Thank you very much. Best regards. :)

View attachment 216510

Edited: You could add to the tab called log also a record of updates. Thank you very much.
Hi Lobito Punky,

Thanks for your feedback. According to the result of VT, these are probably false positives, sorry...
Please click "exclude" or “upload file" on the bottom of left corner to send the files to us.
We will analysis and resolve in hours.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
This does seem impressive to be honest. Looking forward for the jar detection improvement! You can check OSArmor by NoVirusThanks and the rules they apply to their litte software, that could give you an idea on how to prevent java maware, for sure. Are you planning on implementing any type of Application Control module? Thanks.
Hi Robbie,

Thank you very much for telling us the way to learn and of course we will check it.
WiseVector StopX aims at being intelligent and "easy to use". Only users with good computer knowledge can use Application Control module well, so WiseVector StopX has no schedule on Application Control module.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector: My KTS is constantly moving to Low Restricted group some WV services (I have to move manually them to Trusted group), and I guess it's because of this:

Any idea?
Hi harlan4096,

We will send an email to Kaspersky to inform them WiseVector StopX is an ordinary AV, but this issue is controlled by KSN.
Since StopX is not well known and the quantity of users is not large at present, KSN will deal with this problem in its regular way. :unsure:

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

Ludditus

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2015
I thought WiseVector to be fabulous, until I discovered how crappy it is. It was eating 145k handles for nothing!
WiseVector.exe: 83k handles
WiseVextorSvc.exe: 62k handles

Once I uninstalled it, the handle usage of my Win7 went back from 190k+ handles to 45k handles with my usual apps open.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.