WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,

I 'may' be wrong but what I know is this product comes from China which is notorious for embedding backdoors in Antivirus programs such as Qihoo and other programs from what I have heard about the Chinese versions. Maybe it was just the Chinese version, maybe not? But the Chinese communist party wants to spy on everything you are doing. I am personally really interested in this AV, but due to the CCP, I can not trust it because the company may be forced to hand over user's data one day.

Hopefully I do not offend anyone, I am not talking about the Chinese people just the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)
Hi,

I can understand how you feel when you know we are a Chinese company. But we are different from the ones you mentioned here, since we don't embed backdoors in our product no matter what version it is. We don't collect users' personal data if they are unwilling. Here is our privacy policy: WiseVector StopX Privacy Policy
You can read it, if you are interested in.

Best Regards,
WiseVector

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

I can understand how you feel when you know we are a Chinese company. But we are different from the ones you mentioned here, since we don't embed backdoors in our product no matter what version it is. We don't collect users' personal data if they are unwilling. Here is our privacy policy: WiseVector StopX Privacy Policy
You can read it, if you are interested in.

Best Regards,
WiseVector
Hello,

I understand what you are saying, but if the Chinese communist party makes you do it you will have no choice to comply or be arrested.

Kind regards,

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,

I understand what you are saying, but if the Chinese communist party makes you do it you will have no choice to comply or be arrested.

Kind regards,
Hi,

There is something we can't change. Hopefully, WiseVector StopX can help you to prevent from malware one day in the future.

Best Regards,
WiseVector

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
V2.65 has just been released. I had to manually download and install it to update.
WiseVector StopX V2.65
June 7, 2020

1. Improved Memory protection to detect malware by abusing whitelist applications, such as Powershell, msbuild.exe, installutil.exe, regasm.exe, etc. It can effectively detect advanced threats based on tools such as PowerShell Empire, GreateSCT, nps_payload, ObfuscatedEmpire, unicorn, etc. Since it detects malicious payload in memory, it can effectively detect obfuscated malicious scripts.
2. Instruction Tracer improved. Recently, we have observed lots of RAT Trojans utilizing DLL hijacking to avoid detction by AV. These Trojans abuse whitelist APPs like Avast & ESET as well as APPs which are released by Samsung, TeamViewer, Citrix to perform DLL Side-Loading. We updated Instruction Tracer to make sure
they can be detected without signature updates.
3. Upgraded detection engine to improve accuracy.
4. Fixed the problem that Behavior Detection may fail to quarantine malware.
5. Improved detection of malicious RTF documents.
6. Fixed an uninstallation problem in Windows XP.
7. Fixed other bugs.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @WiseVector,

Something is going on with your servers. I can't access your website and I can't update WV, it's says "Update failed".
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvience. Our update server is not enough to serve online update at present, so you can't update WiseVector StopX directly. Now we are deploying more servers to support update online.
If you want to use V2.65 immidiately, please download it through our website ( https://www.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX.exe )and overwrite.

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@WiseVector
Is it possible to add to exlusion list such objects like folders? I've found only option to exclude single *.exe files but I have one folder with collection of portable apps and is not convinient to operate with every one separately.
+1

Considering giving WV a spin, but would definitely want that option too, for a few folders with many portables.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
New to this product and want to try it out.

Is it cloud based and active internet connection is a necessity for (better) detection?
Is it a complementary antimalware/antivirus or can be effective when it's run individually without a resident antivirus?
How does updates work? Does it download signatures?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @ichito@paulderdash

Yes, you can exclude folders. Please refer to the screenshot->click Exclusions->click Add->Add Directory, then all the files in the folder will not be detected by our behavior detection and static detection. If you exclude the files through Advanced Detection Settings->Exclusions, only behavior detection will not detect them.
1.JPG2.JPG

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
New to this product and want to try it out.

Is it cloud based and active internet connection is a necessity for (better) detection?
Is it a complementary antimalware/antivirus or can be effective when it's run individually without a resident antivirus?
How does updates work? Does it download signatures?
Hi,

1. Our detection is based locally. Internet connection is a necessity for signature updates.
2. After try WiseVector StopX out, you can make your own choice.:) If you want to run it individually, you'd better install an anti-phishing browser extension.
3. WiseVector StopX performs the updates frequently, which is called streaming updates. Yes, it downloads signatures.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,
I'm very surprised to see that during the scan of my PC WiseVector StopX tried to access to my passwords in Chrome:mad:
Is it usual for all AV?
Is it a dangerous practice for my privacy?

View attachment 242365
Hi,
1. Since you did a full system scan, of course WiseVector StopX accessed Google Chrome folders, but doesn't mean we tried to steal your password.:oops: You can choose Quick Scan or Custom Scan to avoid scanning sensitive folders.
2. Avast perfoms very aggressive in this part. We are not familiar with their detection mechanism, but we know there are numbers of tools will access Chrome folders. For example, system cleaners, search tools, anti-malware, etc. Avast will detect all of them too?
3. WiseVector StopX has it's own stealer malware detection mechanism, it has a very high detection rate without false posistives.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi,
1. Since you did a full system scan, of course WiseVector StopX accessed Google Chrome folders, but doesn't mean we tried to steal your password.:oops: You can choose Quick Scan or Custom Scan to avoid scanning sensitive folders.
2. Avast perfoms very aggressive in this part. We are not familiar with their detection mechanism, but we know there are numbers of tools will access Chrome folders. For example, system cleaners, search tools, anti-malware, etc. Avast will detect all of them too?
3. WiseVector StopX has it's own stealer malware detection mechanism, it has a very high detection rate without false posistives.
Thanks @WiseVector
This problem occurs during a Quick scan and not during a Full scan (not tried).:oops:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.