Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi WiseVector

I am running your program and all seems fine. The last day i was trying to run MBAM alongside WiseVector and the boot time increased with almost 20seconds besides other small issues.
If you are running Win 10 2004, this may just be a problem with MBAM and have nothing to do with WiseVector ...
See:
and
Malwarebytes acknowledges performance issues on devices running Windows 10 v2004 - MSPoweruser

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just some questions

Any issue with Kaspersky Internet Security or Windows Defender if all the modules in WiseVector are enabled?

If yes, what needs to be disabled or whitelisted in KIS/WD?

Last edited:
Reactions: Protomartyr

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi WiseVector

I am running your program and all seems fine. The last day i was trying to run MBAM alongside WiseVector and the boot time increased with almost 20seconds besides other small issues.

No problems with MBAM or the latest Windows version the problem arised after installing WiseVector. Thats why the brief info.

Wise is going to be splitt in a paid and a free version so i am also thinking on how this will affect either one. Will it be possible to run any version of the 2 with MBAM without above mentioned - issues.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
No problems with MBAM or the latest Windows version the problem arised after installing WiseVector. Thats why the brief info.

Wise is going to be splitt in a paid and a free version so i am also thinking on how this will affect either one. Will it be possible to run any version of the 2 with MBAM without above mentioned - issues.
Maybe don't use MBAM in real-time since it has average detection at best while consuming a lot of resources on low end computers.
I think nowadays built in defender might have better signatures anyway.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi WiseVector

Hi,

Can you please disable "Automatically launch at system startup" to see whether this issue is caused by WiseVector StopX?
1.JPG

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi,

Can you please disable "Automatically launch at system startup" to see whether this issue is caused by WiseVector StopX?
View attachment 243554

Regards,
WiseVector

Hi

Boot time without any protection at all: 29sec. (WD was removed at ISO-level before install)

Boot time with only MBAM: 32sec (delayed start always activated in MBAM)

Boot time with only WiseVector: 32sec

Boot time with both: 52-42-45.

Boot time with both where WV is not starting at boot: 36 over and over.

However i install them it is always so that when installing WV and MBAM is already in place, the boot time increases.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I'll try it with Windows Defender and Configure Defender....If I want to disable it for a few minutes, I just uncheck the three protection items?

Reactions: Protomartyr

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Why does all those chinese software have the same UI? Qihoo, Kingsoft, Baidu and others also have that little shirt icon to change the theme for example. The colors and overall look also feels the same.
The detection seems to be decent, but the things written on the site are nice marketing sentences. Translations are also in alpha phase it seems.
Might be intersting for asian users, but I don't see much reasons to use this if you are not in China.

Because most of them, just want your money and uses multi-engines like BitDefender and others engines.

What you expect? Most of them, doesn't have their own engine, their own real time protection. They use from 3rd parties.

Also, when AV product is free, you are the product. Specially when any Antivirus is totally "free"

I'm not saying that WiseVector is not good or bad... But take Iobit Malware Fighter as example.

360 Total Security is an example of that, I like to stay away from "full featured free antivirus" with no costs to pay... something have to pay the bills. Guess who?

Reactions: kev216

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
They make money from the ads in the free version and people like me who buy Premium licenses.

Not really true, some of them sell your data and spy your HTTP Traffic. Inject cookies in certain websites. Take a look of Brave Browser, Avast and others.

I never will use a free product like 360 Total or Avast. I like to stay away and I recommend any people (friend or family) stay also away from them.

Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Not really true, some of them sell your data and spy your HTTP Traffic. Inject cookies in certain websites. Take a look of Brave Browser, Avast and others.
All I said was that Qihoo make money in the free version from (the annoying) ads and also make money from selling the Premium version. If they are spying on my data, I don't know. But they don't have to do that to make money.

I use 360 TS because it fits my particular needs and there are very few antiviruses which do that.

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

I never will use a free product like 360 Total or Avast. I like to stay away and I recommend any people (friend or family) stay also away from them.
At one time Cruel Sister recommended free 360 TS (yes, the nags are annoying) for use with Comodo Firewall on CS settings - so I wouldn't be too concerned.

But this is all OT, I would say WiseVector is a completely different animal ... own AI, doubt they use 3rd party engines.
And they seem transparent, notably being present here.

Not sure about the references to Brave, Avast?

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
I still no understand why ppl are so "paranoid" about privacy specially on antivirus. Is normal on free version (and paid?) u can be the product, and what is the problem? If ppl dont wanna pay i think is acceptable to see some ads, and personally i dont have problem if them sell my data (for legal purpose ofc in anonimity). Remember governments, microsoft, ISP, google, facebook, etc are already spying you. The point can be if the data is used for illegal action (stolen credit cards, etc) or for marketing finality (ads, tracking site visited, promotion). Nothing is free in the life. And another personal opinion, if u think pay an antivirus 50-100 euro will save u from those things for me is pure irony, specially when behind those activities there are millions (if not billions) of dollars. Those 50-100 euro are at last good for unlock special features on products and keep improvements.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Because most of them, just want your money and uses multi-engines like BitDefender and others engines.

What you expect? Most of them, doesn't have their own engine, their own real time protection. They use from 3rd parties.

Also, when AV product is free, you are the product. Specially when any Antivirus is totally "free"

I'm not saying that WiseVector is not good or bad... But take Iobit Malware Fighter as example.

360 Total Security is an example of that, I like to stay away from "full featured free antivirus" with no costs to pay... something have to pay the bills. Guess who?
Hi,

I think you may have some misunderstanding of WiseVector StopX, since it's different from those "full featured free antivirus".
1) We are so honored to have our own engine.
2) WiseVector StopX is not a full featured AV. It is specialized in advanced and stealth threat detection without feature bloat.
3) We are going to release a paid version in the near future. This is our privacy policy:WiseVector StopX Privacy Policy. We only care about keeping users from malware, ensuring WiseVector StopX is worth to be paid.
Improving UI is on our to do list. Hope it can be more unique and impressive after then.:)

Regards,
WiseVector

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.