Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
What would you suggest?
I would say always use this at least! Adguard add on it's free.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

WiseVector StopX V2.66 has been released.
Here is the update log https://www.wisevector.com/en/en-history/

Nice day!;)
WiseVector

V2.66 installed and all is running good.

I really like the way WV StopX allows the installation of legitimate software without any interference and is still incredibly light on system resources.

Keep on keeping on.(y)

Regards Eck :)

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
@WiseVector I did a bad thing yesterday with your program. Maybe you can add an alert or warning. (I had to restore my system!) :(

I was looking at the ransomware and document protection features, and it is entirely my fault for not paying attention and rushing.

I see the feature to turn on document protection and add folders here:

1596851441218.jpeg

BUT I guess I was in a rush and confused and add my folders in here:

1596851498154.jpeg

When I realized my mistake I hit delete on it!! I thought it was going to just REMOVE it from the list and not actually DELETE my folders!!! (Ugh, which it did!)

So maybe could you PLEASE add a warning or prompt to this page about that!

Oh one question about ransomware protection, as long as the program is running will it work OR do you have to have real-time protection turned on also? Thanks much.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi@Tutman

Sorry to hear that you had this mistake and caused the inconvience.:(
1.The ransomware bait files are created automatically by WiseVector StopX. If users add files in them, both bait files and the files added will be deleted when clicking DELETE. Before deleting, there is an alert here like this:
2.JPG

2.But if users add files on the bait files list ( not in the bait files ), when clicking DELETE, the files added is REMOVED but NOT DELETED. You can find the files where they are originally from.
1.JPG

When users click DELETE, there is also an alert here like this:
3.JPG

3.Ransomware detection can work when realtime protection is turnd off.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

I would like to express myself more clearly in short and help users who are not so familiar with WiseVector StopX V2.66.

1. With default settings, ransomware bait files are created automatically and they are hidden. Users wouldn't add folders in them usually. If users add their useful or important folders in them, it would cause false positives and these folders will be deleted together when users try to delete the bait files.
2. If users think the default deception-based ransomware detection is not enough, they can add some unimportant folders to be the bait files. For example, creating a folder with files on the desktop and add them on the bait files list ( a lot of ransomware start to encrypt from desktop). Such folders will be removed but not deleted when users try to delete them from the bait files list.
3. If users have some important folders need to be protected, please add them in the document protection and then only trusted APPs can modify or delete the folders.

Best regards,
WiseVector

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Hi,

I would like to express myself more clearly in short and help users who are not so familiar with WiseVector StopX V2.66.

1. With default settings, ransomware bait files are created automatically and they are hidden. Users wouldn't add folders in them usually. If users add their useful or important folders in them, it would cause false positives and these folders will be deleted together when users try to delete the bait files.
2. If users think the default deception-based ransomware detection is not enough, they can add some unimportant folders to be the bait files. For example, creating a folder with files on the desktop and add them on the bait files list ( a lot of ransomware start to encrypt from desktop). Such folders will be removed but not deleted when users try to delete them from the bait files list.
3. If users have some important folders need to be protected, please add them in the document protection and then only trusted APPs can modify or delete the folders.

Best regards,
WiseVector
Yes I found out the hard way! lol. Thanks for reply.

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I really REALLY appreciate this excellent security app!

One possible issue: Scanner seems somewhat slow. Two examples:
1- I ran a Quick Scan that took more than an hour to complete although I only have 34GB of files on my entire 232GB Hard Drive.
2- I then set WiseVector to do a custom scan of C:\Windows\syswow64 and C:\Windows\system32. After more than 1 hour, WV's scanner was still showing "Planning for scan" so I aborted it.

I will continue running WV and look forward to its continued improvement.

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
Hi@bellgamin,

Thanks for your feedback.
Can you please do the same thing again? To see this issue will be reproduced or not?

@WiseVector -- Thank you for a super fast & helpful reply.

I again did the scan of system32 & syswow64. This time WV went directly to scanning & completed the job in about 4 minutes. Well done!!!

Hmm... I wonder why it went okay this time but not on my previous attempt. Oh well, just a rare computer burp, I suppose.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.