Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Greetings.

I am sorry to be that user but since WiseVector is produced in mainland China I just have a question to the security folks here. Do you trust the program not to compromise your cybersecurity while knowing that majority of Mainland China corporations have to share some know how with the government? (I am not accusing anyone I am just asking)

Second, how much impact that WiseVector has on the system resources and slowdown when ran in real time along side another Antivirus? (using WV as a supplemental scanner)

Can WV be used as a non-realtime supplemental scanner?

Thank you
I assume your concern is due to the recent laws that are going to be implemented in China

I have no clue what the government over there will do. But as for WiseVector, they have so far earn the trust of many users (both in this forum and Wilders)

I personally, would like to think there’s nothing to worry about. But I can understand your desire for further investigation and opinion from other users.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
In my case it’s a very lightweight product, the detection rates are very good and that BB is, well, off the charts. Couldn’t get my testing laptop infected even though I tried and tried with lots of malware types and samples. It simply caught everything that I threw at it.
About the privacy- think that you (general speaking) are giving google, apple, facebook etc. every day some portion of your daily routine, the places you browse, the places you visit, the things you like, the food you enjoy and so on. I’d say WVSX would be the smallest fear for privacy issues in the world that we live in.
If you don’t trust or don’t want to trust WVSX then don’t use it, than living with that stress and fear of privacy beeing violated.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
In my case it’s a very lightweight product, the detection rates are very good and that BB is, well, off the charts. Couldn’t get my testing laptop infected even though I tried and tried with lots of malware types and samples. It simply caught everything that I threw at it.
About the privacy- think that you (general speaking) are giving google, apple, facebook etc. every day some portion of your daily routine, the places you browse, the places you visit, the things you like, the food you enjoy and so on. I’d say WVSX would be the smallest fear for privacy issues in the world that we live in.
If you don’t trust or don’t want to trust WVSX then don’t use it, than living with that stress and fear of privacy beeing violated.

Well said 👏

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Adding WVSX + CF ( cruelsister settings) to KSCF + Hard_Configurator will be redundant or a good addition, even one of them will overlap in FW modules.?
@Chuck57 reminded me that the way you phrased your question was not in the proper MT format. It should be:
Code:
WVSX + CF @CS + KSCF + H_C = Overkill or OK?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW: there is a thread or a post somewhere on MT with most app abbreviations (maybe not updated). If I could have found it I could have properly reprimanded you with the reference. ;);):cool:

Thanks @Chuck57 !🙇‍♂️

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector

Can I use WSVX firewall along with Bitdefender Total Security or it will have some conflicts?

We used Bitdefender Total Security 2021 with WVSX V3.01 under Win10 21H1 for a whole day with both firewall on. No problems found till now. But we used limited programs, it may not be representative of all users.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Hi,

May I ask what you were doing on your computer when this error appeared?
For example, were you installing or using any software?
Did the computer show any abnormalities after this error appeared?
Did this error reappear again? Thanks
It happened after running comodo kill switch
(Comodos task manager )
I haven't noticed any other abnormalities whatsoever but I don't use the PC frequently
Anyway I will check if there is any saved event log and if so send it as well

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector and we can use with Eset IS together or they are any know issues with hips or firewall?

We tested ESET Internet Security 14.2.19.0, F-secure safe 18, Trend Micro maximum security 17.0.1299 with WiseVector StopX in Win10 21H1 Pro X64, no problems found.

What we tested?
.Realtime-protection
.HIPS
.Web Protection
.Firewall

It should be noted that if a malicious program is blocked by one AV, the other AV may not have a chance to check it. In addition, after installing the second AV, it is best to restart your computer.

Performance: WVSX+ESET > WVSX+Trend Micro > WVSX+F-Secure > WVSX+Bitdefender. If you want a combo, ESET + WVSX is recommended.
For BitDefender, it feels like installing another OS on top of Windows. o_O

@gery79

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.