Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

sartic

Level 3
Jun 5, 2020
2GB of RAM in 2021 is not enough for pretty much everything. I would consider upgrading your RAM.
I have 236 endpoints now. Little stat now:

46% is 32bit OS

45% is Windows 7 or embedded

44% has 4GB RAM
34% has 2GB or less RAM
12% has & more than 4GB
10% has 3GB RAM

I killed all XP/Vista/2003-2008/R2. Thx God :)
Here maybe 1% decide to upgrade they just wait to system die.

This example endpoint is sad story. I bought this one with only 2GB and upgrade 4GB more. This never worked good. This Intel NUC system just do not like some chips. They didn't send new compatible so I was stuck with only 2GB RAM. System has SSD so it is not bad for purpose I dedicated. Intel also trick me originally OS was on flash then I move to SSD. Before moving Intel downgrade my Windows 10 Pro license to Home. I prefer more AMD but I was in hurry for this project few years ago and I didn't find better compact solution. Plus flash died and wifi don't work like before. I do not care I use LAN.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I have 236 endpoints now. Little stat now:

46% is 32bit OS

45% is Windows 7 or embedded

44% has 4GB RAM
34% has 2GB or less RAM
12% has & more than 4GB
10% has 3GB RAM

I killed all XP/Vista/2003-2008/R2. Thx God :)
Here maybe 1% decide to upgrade they just wait to system die.

This example endpoint is sad story. I bought this one with only 2GB and upgrade 4GB more. This never worked good. This Intel NUC system just do not like some chips. They didn't send new compatible so I was stuck with only 2GB RAM. System has SSD so it is not bad for purpose I dedicated. Intel also trick me originally OS was on flash then I move to SSD. Before moving Intel downgrade my Windows 10 Pro license to Home. I prefer more AMD but I was in hurry for this project few years ago and I didn't find better compact solution. Plus flash died and wifi don't work like before. I do not care I use LAN.
Upgrade ram or move to Linux like Zorin OS
Systems that can’t upgrade just move to Linux or use comodo or any low spec security

sartic

Level 3
Jun 5, 2020
Upgrade ram or move to Linux like Zorin OS
Systems that can’t upgrade just move to Linux or use comodo or any low spec security
Smart person will get clue from my stat. My job is POS application for Windows. Here refurbished Windows PC is so cheap.
We have now 2 linux servers and 1 desktop Kubuntu Linux. I prefer Kubuntu. I do not think I will try anymore any distro new or old. Centos for servers and Kubuntu for desktop.
POS is moving maybe to Android but it will never go mass to Linux. Here maybe big enterprise company use Linux as POS.

But we are talking about WV here....

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Smart person will get clue from my stat. My job is POS application for Windows. Here refurbished Windows PC is so cheap.
We have now 2 linux servers and 1 desktop Kubuntu Linux. I prefer Kubuntu. I do not think I will try anymore any distro new or old. Centos for servers and Kubuntu for desktop.
POS is moving maybe to Android but it will never go mass to Linux. Here maybe big enterprise company use Linux as POS.

But we are talking about WV here....
I understand
sorry for spamming this topic / thread
But yeah they do need to make a lightweight version for the enterprise market
and make for all kinds of uses some done have wan access only lan so they require “dark net “ clients or all kinds of use cases

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
re v2.73 when it either auto_updates or I run manual update, WV DLs from China, always understand that, but recently the admin 1 level above me has supposedly blocked incoming traffic from China on our commercial type firewall, yet WV appears to run its update and complete ok. Question: if the content was actually blocked would WV give me a popup that it was unable to update, OR does the content update thru the firewall since the request was sent from my endpoint? Perhaps I need to ask the right question to the hardware firewall guys...? Just wondering if WV pops_up an alert if update fails. thanks. I've been away many months, PS good to see cruelsister enlightening us again.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Doesn't help that you can repeat check for updates immediately after supposedly updating and get the same string of messages - "Receiving Streaming Updates - Downloading Updates - Downloading the Configuration File - Streaming Update Completed Successfully". Surely it should tell you that you're up to date if you've already updated seconds earlier!

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
re v2.73 when it either auto_updates or I run manual update, WV DLs from China, always understand that, but recently the admin 1 level above me has supposedly blocked incoming traffic from China on our commercial type firewall, yet WV appears to run its update and complete ok. Question: if the content was actually blocked would WV give me a popup that it was unable to update, OR does the content update thru the firewall since the request was sent from my endpoint? Perhaps I need to ask the right question to the hardware firewall guys...? Just wondering if WV pops_up an alert if update fails. thanks. I've been away many months, PS good to see cruelsister enlightening us again.
Hi,
There will be no popup if the content is blocked. But you can click "check for updates" to see whether WVSX can get updated successfully. If update fails, it will show.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
1. Why program use so much memory? This is too much for 2GB system example.
Please use task manager to check the usage of memory. The pic shows the virtual memory, not the actual amount of memory used by WVSX.
2. Sometimes I see high traffic on internet from this program. Is this program only 'cloud anti virus' ?
WVSX is local based. So I think the high traffic on internet is most likely not caused by WVSX.
3. Is it also anti virus or anti malware?
It is anti malware.
4. Do you recommend install with enabled Windows Defender.
Every security product has its own advantages and disadvantages.
It is OK to run Windows Defender together with WiseVector StopX. But once Windows Defender detects a suspicious file, the file will be locked by Windows Defender and other AV cannot access to it, so there might be a misunderstanding that WiseVector StopX does nothing when attacks occur.
5. What about price per endpoint? Server is equal to desktop? You will kill 'free' edition like 360 did with Essential version?
Around 25USD. Server is equal to desktop. We will keep a free version with basic features.
6. Is there cloud endpoint deploy solution?
At present, no.
What is your opinion who is stronger 360 or WV and why?
WVSX is local based, so when being disconnected from network, both real-time protection and behavior detection can still work well.
QIHOO is a technically mature company. 360 is cloud based, so you can imagine its performance when the network is not available......but you like its cloud system......
8. For XP-2012/R2 how long you will intend to support releases?
WVSX is available for XP-2012/R2 from the first version to the current version. It will keep for a long time to support releases, but sorry, I can't tell you exactly how long.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
One should not compare what is not comparable @sartic

WiseVector is a very young company, and to have had to test it or to use it for disinfections, it clearly surprised me... It found malwares that the classified antiviruses do not find!

Qihoo them are there since a long time. They kicked out Avira and Bitdefender, because they were not up to date.
Certainly the Cloud of Qihoo is good (QVM engine) but it is not perfect, I tested it and I passed it without worries with my Ransomware ;)

On the other hand, what will be the paid version @WiseVector ? I'm interested :)

NB : Qihoo has had privacy concerns in the past though....

sartic

Level 3
Jun 5, 2020
Please use task manager to check the usage of memory. The pic shows the virtual memory, not the actual amount of memory used by WVSX.

WVSX is local based. So I think the high traffic on internet is most likely not caused by WVSX.

It is anti malware.

Every security product has its own advantages and disadvantages.
It is OK to run Windows Defender together with WiseVector StopX. But once Windows Defender detects a suspicious file, the file will be locked by Windows Defender and other AV cannot access to it, so there might be a misunderstanding that WiseVector StopX does nothing when attacks occur.

Around 25USD. Server is equal to desktop. We will keep a free version with basic features.

At present, no.

WVSX is local based, so when being disconnected from network, both real-time protection and behavior detection can still work well.
QIHOO is a technically mature company. 360 is cloud based, so you can imagine its performance when the network is not available......but you like its cloud system......

WVSX is available for XP-2012/R2 from the first version to the current version. It will keep for a long time to support releases, but sorry, I can't tell you exactly how long.
Thanks for reply. I am kind of tired non believing from companies when you report problem. If it is 25USD per year it is 60% more than my endpoints now. My target is not bullet proof. We need balance between goal and cpu and ram load. All this endpoints are always on internet and if there is no internet clients have big problem for bussiness. Windows defender is more anti program then anti virus and is more heavy than 360.
In Windows field talking about privacy is kind of comic because in many terms Windows is spyware, malware :)
Buying anti virus or windows is kind of contract you believe that they will not harm your hardware and data. I always say if it is not open source it is always close shut eyes stuff.
I do not agree that 360 is only cloud anti virus. In past they use avira and bitdefender now they have kung peng.
Servers 2012/R2 are still there especially in VPS field.
I was testing beta 3.0.1 I will try this final 2.7x. After uninstalling 3.0.1 on this NUC system I dont have alerts for memory load 90% anymore so 360 is lighter definitly on this 2GB system. Testing v3 on other system (8GB) and I do not see high usage of ram as in NUC.
I miss 360 Essentials so I will test again WV in new version as basic edition. For bussiness for now 360 Bussiness edition is good.
We also have Kaspersky Endpoint Cloud. I think over 70 seats. They have same price as 360 but memory foot and cpu load is higher.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
The version 2 builds I tested did green screen my test machine if I tried to stop it. Didn't test version 3 builds.
Hi,
Can you please tell me the way that how you tried to stop WVSX?
And if it's convenient for you, can you please send the dump file to support@wisevector.com? We would like to find the reason. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.