App Review WiseVector StopX v3 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the WiseVector test!
WiseVector is a Chinese antivirus based on artificial intelligence.
Very light, it offers a complete protection that can finally be used alone or as a second hand to your traditional antivirus.

The interface is very simple, and provides a lot of protection such as web filtering, HIPS, firewall etc. ...

In protection, the software is very effective!
A big progress was noted on the Web filtering that it appears much more than before. On the other hand, Wisevector did not emit any alert on 2 URLs yet blocked...
A lot of work needs to be done on anti-phishing detection, but... does it contain one?

On the pack, it leaves 2. One that is blocked at launch and the 2nd that does no damage.
The computer is clean at the end of the test.
Congratulations!

RAM Usage : Very light
Phishing Test : 0/5 (all missed)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 2 out of 240 files. 1 blocked after execution, 1 not work

Result :
- WiseVector : 0
- Hitman Pro : 0
- ESET : 0
Recommand : Yes
System Clean : Yes . System clean

Rollers127

Level 1
Jan 4, 2020
I understand that WV does not register with the Windows security centre? If this is the case and you want to use it standalone, how do you get round it? I am on Windows 11 and from everything I have seen so far there is no straightforward way to turn off Windows defender? How do you get around this? Thanks
@WiseVector can you assist with information?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I understand that WV does not register with the Windows security centre? If this is the case and you want to use it standalone, how do you get round it? I am on Windows 11 and from everything I have seen so far there is no straightforward way to turn off Windows defender? How do you get around this? Thanks
That has been officially promised to be fixed by the developer more then once. 🤷‍♂️

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
But it's true that at any time may come a Microsoft update and turn it on again, but DC very easy to use -> 1/2 clicks and You are done!

Of course, previously You have to disable MD r-t because it is detected as malicious 😁

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
@WiseVector can you assist with information?

Since Windows 11, Windows Defender can be disabled only partially... Windows Defender can't be totally disabled on Windows 11.

That said, there is no problem to run Windows Defender (fully enabled) + WVSX. So, no incompatibilities problems between Windows Defender + WVSX.
In this context, disabling Windows Defender is only a matter of saving device resources (CPU, RAM, SSD etc).

But as I said, unfortunately Windows 11 doesn't allow to disable completely Windows Defender.
Even a partially disabled Windows Defender always will have one or two running processes on the background (eating CPU, RAM, SSD etc). If you google the subject, you may force to stop these Windows Defender processes with some obscure measures, but then you'll experience problems with Windows Update or other Windows processes. In short, your Windows 11 is not going to work properly if you force Window Defender to stop completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.