Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Backup software, it made me loose all backups, twice.
I number of years ago, both True Image and backup software from Paragon failed to restore working system backups when my Vista install became corrupted and failed to boot. The hard drive the images were saved to appeared to be working fine, but neither software would restore the backups they had made.

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
It was 7-8 years ago and I don't even remember it's name anymore but it was one of those PC performance utilities with driver updater and whatever other turbo great feature which will magically make your PC run in warp 10 speed.
Surprisingly, it didn't make it run as fast as starship, it trashed it. I don't even know what was I thinking at the time when I decided that it might be good idea to give it a go.

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
Acronis 2015 and 2016 repeatedly made corruptions to destination disk file tables.
I had to Re-Format the destination disk many times before discovering that it was Acronis doing that.
(I even replaced a disk in one case)

I am still using Acronis 2014 which is OK for me.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Windows 10, first release: super buggy, almost unusable
windows defender: performance issue
EASEUS partition master: **** them, after I splitted my drive following their tutorial, it corrupted the whole HDD and it was unrecoverable, took 3 days to fix it, worst experience ever

Last edited:

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
Tuneup Utilities- That thing had sort of a malware-ish feel before it became more popular. It blocked certain programs like Word, excel, powerpoint and I don't know who else, which wouldn't run unless tuneup was started. It was also a pain to uninstall.
Photo Viewer (Windows 10)- I still have no idea how they managed to mess up something so easy to program.
Paint after W7- This is just personal preference, I really dislike how it works since they changed it from Vista to 7.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Final Uninstaller or something like that as i don`t remember its name right now, i just know it has been a long time since it really uninstalled even the Windows itself and made it unbootable. :ROFLMAO: What a junk software, awful experience. There are other few softwares worth to be mentioned (optimisers) but the mess they did it was not so significant as i had my backups ready to recover the damage caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.