Worth to spend money on some applications?

stablish

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have some spare money to spend and was wondering if its worth to do so.

In my mind are currently these:

- Windows Firewall Control (For their notifiaction)
- Zemana Anti Malware (Here I'm not fully sure, since I'm fine with the free one and alternatively there is still malwarebytes free version for scanning, but since my infection rate is very low, this might be a waste)

Any other tips on buying some useful software which isnt that expensive?

Thanks!

H

hjlbx

For the money, best values:

1. Shadow Defender (Lifetime: $35)
2. Sandboxie (Lifetime: $50)
3. Rollback Rx Home (freeware)
4. Reboot Restore Rx (freeware)
5. AppGuard (Annual: $40)

Shadow Defender is the best overall deal money-wise, but with freeware Rx products it isn't necessary to buy.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
For the money, best values:

1. Shadow Defender (Lifetime: $35)
2. Sandboxie (Lifetime: $50)
3. Rollback Rx Home (freeware)
4. Reboot Restore Rx (freeware)
5. AppGuard (Annual: $40)

Shadow Defender is the best overall deal money-wise, but with freeware Rx products it isn't necessary to buy.
Don't forget Process Lasso & Kerish Dr. both are awesome software that benefit the user. ;)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Windows Firewall Control (For their notifiaction)
WFC is well worth the 10 bucks
Donate now and become a registered user instantly
A lot of work has gone into the development of these programs. If any of our programs is useful for you, please donate $10 and become a registered user. You will receive unlimited access, to My Account area so that you can activate our programs on all of your home computers, for unlimited times. This is a lifetime license. Donations are used towards hosting costs for this website, hardware and software licenses, and also encouraging further development. Thank you for your support !

Benefits of becoming a registered user
√ You will get priority support via email.
√ You will unlock all the features from all of our programs, so that you can use them at their full potential.
√ You will receive unrestricted access to My Account area.
√ You can activate our products on all PC's from your home, for unlimited times. This is a lifetime license.
√ You will be registered user for all future versions of our programs.
√ You will never receive emails regarding eventual upgrades, patches releases, special offers and so on.
√ You will support us to continue the improvement of our programs.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Kerish Dr. "is" security related, it just does far more than the average Security related software.
See SS Below:
K_DR1.png

RollBack and restore feature for reversing damage or Infection

K_DR2.png

As well as a Blacklist, and some other well made tools. Its a diamond in the rough :)
K_DR3.png

Thats why I mentioned it, A lot of bang for the buck, and not many know of this little gem ;)
I do my homework :p

stablish

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2016
Kerish Dr. "is" security related, it just does far more than the average Security related software.
See SS Below:
K_DR1.png

RollBack and restore feature for reversing damage or Infection

K_DR2.png

As well as a Blacklist, and some other well made tools. Its a diamond in the rough :)
K_DR3.png

Thats why I mentioned it, A lot of bang for the buck, and not many know of this little gem ;)
I do my homework :p

Interesting, looked like another TuneUP tool at first, but it has more stuff under the hood, but then.. Not really a fan of these 1-click-tools :/

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Interesting, looked like another TuneUP tool at first, but it has more stuff under the hood, but then.. Not really a fan of these 1-click-tools :/
Me either, I used and trusted the Original Tuneup Utilities, after it was purchased by AVG I dumped it like a hot potato.
Kerish Dr. on the other hand is great backup protection with only what you might find within Ccleaner Pro thrown in.
It's unique for sure and all of it works flawlessly, If you pass on it, no worries.
Just wanted to make you aware that there are some good apps out there for the money :)
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Made a test-scan.. Kinda like it, double click on shown issues (for example SSD tweak issues) it directly points you to the right registry key, thats.. neat and kinda sweet, for sure!

the pricing is okay I'd say.
Yeah, I was so impressed with it that I got it for 2yrs on the first purchase, and it is updated damn near daily.
I am picky, so I am glad I put my skeptisizim aside that tried it when I did.
PeAcE

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
1) Simplest Setup
Die Die must get : Shadow Defender
Must get: Sandboxie
Need to get: Appguard, Binisoft WFC
Cost: $35.00 (Lifetime) + $49.95 (Lifetime) + $29.95(Annual) + $10.00 (Lifetime)

2) Typical Combo
Die Die must get : Shadow Defender
Must get: Sandboxie
Need to get: Emsisoft Internet Security, Adguard
Cost: $35.00 (Lifetime) + $49.95 (Lifetime) + $24.97(Annual) + $59.95 (Lifetime)

This is what I practiced currently. Setup 1 has the simplest solution, and yet a good learning curve. It's a light virtualization approach introduced to me by @Umbra last year.

ZAM/ MBAM = I'm using free version as I do not need another real-time scanning.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Great thing about HDS and Rollback is that they seem to love discounting the software. I asked Sam Smith a few days ago and he said that there was going to be a 50% off sale coming up this Labor day.

Use freeware Rollback to tide you over then buy a Pro key for 50% off. That's what I'd do, but then again, I'm smart (HA!)

All kidding aside, Home Ed of Rollback is ok, but the Pro is pretty much 'set it and go'.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
voodooshield is also a nice software if you can live with the quirks it sometimes has , when you buy a 3 year license , Dan the dev will set you up with 100 years extra license , which makes it perpetual actually :p
Pretty much an assuriety your security solution will outlive you :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.