Advice Request Would You Buy Something COLORFUL?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Have you heard of this firm? COLORFUL is a Chinese firm. Would you consider something from them for your high-end build?

Reactions: show-Zi and upnorth

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
They've been around, I mean international wise, for quite a while. Although I've never personally use their products, I don't think you would want them in a high-end build. Because let's be frank, if you can afford to build a high-end system there's no reason to go with lesser known brands. Personally, if I want to cut down the cost I'd rather go with more established brand like Zotac. Their products is known to be pretty solid.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
That gpu looks amazing but the Huawei disaster has ripple effects in my mind. It's still a relatively obscure brand--nowadays you wonder if it'll stay obscure due to this current China-phobia, particularly in the United States.
They never really get any traction in international markets. And honestly there's so little reviews about their products. I think it's okay-ish to use their entry-mid level products in a budget build. But I'd think twice to use them in a high-end setup.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.