Would you run a browser based crypto-miner to get free extra bandwidth or even a Pro account?

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I think I will be adding this to Chrome:
minerBlock
You never know who is mining you unless you monitor you cpu usage!;)
You can just run the Tor Borwser like I do (you can deactivate the proxy of course, I have a tutorial on this in my post with my security configuration). It will block much more than this extension ;)

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
You're funny. Windscribe changed nothing in the VPN software. I can't understand you...
Well, I was planning to switch to ProtonVPN for a long time because of unlimited bandwidth so I'm just trying it now. I won't delete Windscribe account though.

minerBlock
No need for that if you use ad blocker. Just add NoCoin filter to your ad blocker.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

antreas

Thread author
I was wondering how they would survive with the cheap lifetime licenses and huge free account transfer limits... now I know...

Idk i have to start thinking of going back to Private internet access vpn... or try protonvpn lets see how this goes.

minerBlock

I use this which 1 is better? No Coin

Last edited by a moderator:
A

antreas

Thread author
Well this is not new there was a browser game that you was a miner earning bitcoins, developer put the option to keep the tab open to use your computer to mine and give you some of it.... so Thepiratebay and others was not the first one to use base crypto-miner xD

Found it MyBitMine i don't know now if still have this option because if i remember the developer was trying to sell it...

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Looks like after a few years we will see Windows 10 Crypto-miner edition :LOL:
9v68YaU.gif

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.