WoW 10h for scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockedown

Jul 19, 2015
Ok, I realized I already have archive scanning disabled. I guess I need to use "do not unpack compound files larger than..."?

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
Kaspersky is actually very bad in scanning procedure. If you'll do some in-depth analysis you will notice that a temporary file is created. Just use a decompression-bomb (eg 7Z since Kaspersky is vulnerable to that one) and you will notice a ~30GB dummy/temporary file for a ~3 MB archived file by 7Z.

Lockedown

Jul 19, 2015
Ok, last night I disabled unpacking anything over 5mb and the scan took 5 hours for a 930gig HD. Still a fairly long scan but not unreasonable.

Interestingly, there was a very old email backup that had a virus .exe attached to it and Kaspersky was the only AV that caught it. I tried both Bitdefender and ESET recently and neither one found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.