Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro
Norton Power Eraser
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox as primary (always run sandboxed)
Brave as backup
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
Shadow Defender
File and Photo backup
External HDD
System recovery
Windows Backup & Restore
Risk factors
    • Gaming
Computer specs
i5 7600K
GTX 1070 Ti
16GB RAM
1 TB SSD

Wraith2020

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 19, 2020
I like the new avatar! I am testing this out today to see how it goes. Trailing Antivirus Plus because I don’t need a firewall.
The BD logo is badass. I'm trying out BD on 2 of my computers. For my family PC it seems to be the sweet spot since BD is fully automated and doesn't require manual interaction. On my gaming PC I installed it just for a trial run. I'll go back to ESET after a week. For some reason my gaming PC doesn't like any other AV except ESET and with ESET it runs like a breeze. :emoji_beer:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
The BD logo is badass. I'm trying out BD on 2 of my computers. For my family PC it seems to be the sweet spot since BD is fully automated and doesn't require manual interaction. On my gaming PC I installed it just for a trial run. I'll go back to ESET after a week. For some reason my gaming PC doesn't like any other AV except ESET and with ESET it runs like a breeze. :emoji_beer:
Have you actually noticed a difference in your gaming PC?

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014

Can you tell me if you notice any difference in performance, as I have found BItdefender to be quite on the heavy side of security software but I haven't used the 2020 version before. Maybe they improved their performance from last year?
Thanks

Wraith2020

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 19, 2020
Can you tell me if you notice any difference in performance, as I have found BItdefender to be quite on the heavy side of security software but I haven't used the 2020 version before. Maybe they improved their performance from last year?
Thanks
BD 2020 is a massive improvement compared to previous versions. Except for the slightly high RAM usage (250-300MB) it doesn't bog the PC. The best part is that the suite is entirely automated, requiring no user input(perfect for my parents). It runs great on my family PC which had McAfee earlier. But on my gaming PC which had ESET, I do feel a slight difference in web browsing and general responsiveness.

Wraith2020

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 19, 2020
Did you uninstall Bitdefender, or just reimage the system? If you uninstalled it how did it go?
Nah I didn't uninstall BD since I felt that would be an insult to it. I simply did a secure erase of my SSD and reinstalled windows. Since it's my gaming desktop, I don't have any important files and all my games are backed up in my external HDD. Will be installing the games today, specially the Witcher 3 and Crysis 3. For a gaming PC, nothing can beat the lightness of ESET. :cool::emoji_beer:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I don't use Edge Chromium usually although I have it installed, my main and daily browser is FF and it works fine here with SandBoxie :)

Also I still haven't tried Edge C. with SandBoxie, will try later...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.